firefox toolbar (1 Viewer)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
is there any way of deleting some add-ons from the firefox toolbar?
in the list of search locations (eg. google, yahoo, ebay, wiki), most of the sites are the ones from england (eg. google.co.uk..same for yahoo, amazon & ebay). they're all fine (aussie sites) on my laptop, but on this (my dad's) comp they're the uk sites. how do i delete them and replace them with the aussie versions?

i just downloaded firefox 1.5..didnt fix anything.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Make sure you are the computer administrator, and that hidden files are displayed (Windows Explorer, Tools, Folder Options, View, check Show Hidden Files and Folders). Open Windows Explorer, then go through:

C:\ -> Documents and Settings -> [Your father's user name] -> Application Data -> Mozilla -> Firefox -> Profiles -> [Folder with name.default] -> searchplugins

In the searchplugins folder, delete the ones you don't want (both the png file and the src file). Then go to https://addons.mozilla.org/search-engines.php to add new ones. I can't find where to get the Australia ones though, so you might have to do some hunting there.

I_F

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
left click the icon to show the list, highlight the search thing u want to delete, right click it and select Delete.

EDIT: oh yeh you actually need this official search plugin hack extension to do it. thi is the main website if u wanna read descriptions & other stuff.

EDIT2: you can change the google.src file to do the search in google.com.au rather than google.com If you want my edited one is uploaded here

Last edited:

alby

cool duckie
HSC
hyper: thanks, they're all deleted now
how do you get that zip thing to work? i extracted it into my program files..what do i need to open it/get it working?
and i downloaded that hack off the site..but it didnt do anything (that i noticed anyway)

so now all i've got up there to search through is wikipedia, which i got yesterday

username: cant find the searchplugins folder
EDIT: did a search, deleted the files

Last edited:

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
i hope u didn't delete your google from the search thing yet. but anyways yeh just extract that zip to C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins . If it doesn't show a logo of google when u restart firefox just ask back for the picture file.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
politik said:
I changed the google.com addresses in about:config to .com.au, and it did the same.
where?

hyper: i did delete both the pic & other file, but i just copied the pic from my laptop..it works now

any ideas how to get the other stuff (other than copying it between the 2 comps)? i only have google.com.au & wiki on there now..and stuff like what you get up there as a default (ebay, amazon, etc) you cant get on the search engines site

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)