Firefly (1 Viewer)

transcendent

HSC
N/A
loved it! i want to get the series DVD and the Serenity movie on DVD. too bad it was cancelled. i rented it from videoezy.

tabularasa

HSC
Ahh Yes this thread is old, but firefly is great i love that show. My fave episode is Objects in space. I love the exestentialist stuff it was just really good tele.

persephone

HSC
I love Objects in Space because it's so River-centric and she's my favourite character. I was listening to the commentary on this episode. I was listening to it at night and Joss Whedon's whole commentary kinda freaked me out. He was so philosophical and deep. I also love Jaynestown because it's just so so funny.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
is it still on? I had coffee with a solicitor the other day and she was like omg this is the best show! the best show! and when a solicitor says that, it must be good :D

persephone

HSC
It's not on anymore. It only lasted 14 episodes. It's availabe to buy on DVD. If you get it from JB HI-FI it's around 38 bucks. Last time I checked it's the number 1 selling DVD at JB HI FI. And it's in the top 5 selling DVDs on Amazon.com. It's such a good show. I wish it hadn't been axed.

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
after seeing serenity, i hired this out and watched the full season in 3 days. its one of my favs.

pssstttt. i can kill you with my brain!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I was thinking about buying firefly, however just want to know if it was serious Sci-Fi or more comedy cross?

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i watched Serenity before Firefly and i seemed to appreciate Firefly more for it but yeah it's probably best to watch Firefly first.

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
part of me is living in a little bit of hope for the ressurection of firefly - not because of serenity and its success(ish), but becuase in the past year or so the fox network has brought back both the family guy and futurama due to awesome dvd sales, and if firefly is doing so well in sales... but im just an optomist!!

transcendent

HSC
N/A
haha i've been trying to get a hold of Firefly from the Town Hall JB HiFi for over half a year now. They get sold as soon as they are stocked.

tabularasa

HSC
i think its very optimist to think that it will ever come back in series form. If anything from the sucess(ish) of serenity it would either be tv movie or straight to dvd release.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
another movie is not out of the question, but firefly will never be a tv series again, least not as we knew it

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
transcendent said:
haha i've been trying to get a hold of Firefly from the Town Hall JB HiFi for over half a year now. They get sold as soon as they are stocked.
Try other JB stores, I've seen it stocked at the stores in Macquarie, Chatswood and Hornsby

persephone

HSC
JB HI-FI Parramatta always has Firefly in stock when I go in.

Don't get it from Myer because it'll cost you 60 bucks as opposed to the 37 or 38 dollars from JB HI-FI.

tabularasa

HSC
I have read articles sayings that becuase it didn;t make a profit, it is unliekly that a sequel will be made. though it does not rule out possibility of tv movie or straight to dvd movie. I personally want to know what is with inara and the needle thing she had in the pilot.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
Heh, the DVD's finally out and I saw it yesterday,

Awesomeness.
I just picked up my copy earlier this afternoon (it was meant to be in the store on Wednesday, but the shipment was delayed till the end of trading yesterday). It should be an interesting movie.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I really love the episode... I forgot.... the one where you see Mal fall to the floor and is bleeding and it back tracks with flashbacks about how they meet assembled the crew and how Mal is struggling to get the converter to the engine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)