Fire! Fire! (1 Viewer)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah i heard about that but i wasnt there at the time
what caused it?

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
I'm guessing it was an electrical fire. Based on where I saw the smoke, that corresponds to Level 4, where they are constructing the Postgraduate Lab.

tempco

HSC
I was on level 4 during the fire. I thought it was a practice run.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
My gf was in the library at the time, and yeah she saw and smelt smoke from Level 4, don't know much beyond that

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
almost killed all of the law students :rofl:

richard, my property lecturer: bonus class participation for all who stay!

*whole class stays* :rofl:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+ said:
Haha... it was our last (real) day at uni ever and it was cut short.
ooh off to the real world in hospitals now?

I Robot

HSC
It was probably a rumour, but someone told me that someone lit up the books and then the fire came about....

volition

arr.
HSC
haha yeah that sounds like a rumour to me... and I think i'll spread my own rumour.. when i was walkin around earlier during the day, I heard a crackly noise comin from the roof (the level 4 roof) of the library... I wonder if that had anything to do with the fire?? Anyway, I saw some worker guy up there so I figured it was all sweet

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
Minai said:
ooh off to the real world in hospitals now?
Yepyep... I'm doing a year of research at Vinnies starting from May but it'll be mostly clinical from then on... =P

It's stupid cuz there are so many fire drills around upper campus that you learn not to take them seriously. Once we sat through about fifteen minutes of sirens whilst our lecturer jus raised his voice a bit to try to speak over them.

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+ said:
Yepyep... I'm doing a year of research at Vinnies starting from May but it'll be mostly clinical from then on... =P

It's stupid cuz there are so many fire drills around upper campus that you learn not to take them seriously. Once we sat through about fifteen minutes of sirens whilst our lecturer jus raised his voice a bit to try to speak over them.
haha i remember that... he only gave up when the announcement to evacuate finally came on, and there were 2 tones of sirens getting louder and louder but he kept going til then... trying to figure out if i know you sique cos it sounds like you're in my collegia (my last SG was cut short too)

as far as the fire in the library, i don't know where it was but they ended up evacuating the entire biomed library as well and then closed it for the rest of the day

Last edited:

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
Frigid said:
almost killed all of the law students :rofl:

richard, my property lecturer: bonus class participation for all who stay!

*whole class stays* :rofl:
BA teacher wouldn't let us go. Something along the lines of *We can all die together doing Corporations Law*

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Speaking of fire, fire, does anyone know what happened last Friday at uni? Up on the access rode from the Botany St Gate, between Matthews and Samuels. It was cordoned off, people were also evacuated.

I counted three NSW police vehicles(one Rodeo, one Falcon, one Commodore lol), three UNSW security Corolla's, two fire trucks, one other fire brigade 4WD and one hazmat unit.

Edit: this was approximately, 4:20pm.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)