fire at the uni (1 Viewer)

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
did anybody see it? i didnt have classes today but i saw it on the news, it looked like it was at the shortland food hall, on the newsagency side
supposedly a few people got taken to hospital for smoke inhalation. heavy.

McDaddy

HSC
N/A
yeh happened around 10 and took a couple of hours to contain. the damage is pretty bad from what I saw. on the radio I heard one person was burnt and another had smoke inhalation. :( no doubt it'll be on the news tonight if you didnt go to uni 2day.

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by um..
did anybody see it? i didnt have classes today but i saw it on the news, it looked like it was at the shortland food hall, on the newsagency side
supposedly a few people got taken to hospital for smoke inhalation. heavy.
it was in the upper levels of the union building...i wasnt there when it happenned, but i saw it later.
aparently it was 2 staff members that were hurt
they reckon the bill could be about $1,000,000

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
yeah its pretty bad. it also sucks cos if i got bad marks this semester i was planning on burning the union building down......now i have nothing to aim for

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by um..
yeah its pretty bad. it also sucks cos if i got bad marks this semester i was planning on burning the union building down......now i have nothing to aim for
go for the great hall...or hunter union building (or whatever its called)...or EF02, MCTH or STH (coz they suck)

acidicFury

yeah, I saw it.

Saw it around 11am, didn't look like it was going to be put out anytime soon, so I didn't hang around to watch as I had a presentation to prepare for.

The trees seemed to be in the way of getting the water up, but they only had one hose on it when I was there, with a few fire guys standing around and they all seemed to be pretty calm.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
go for the great hall...or hunter union building (or whatever its called)...or EF02, MCTH or STH (coz they suck)
yeah i thought about the hunter union, but no one cares about it anyway.

great_gregory

I'm really just OK...
HSC
So who lit it? Eh? Eh? I'll bet it was you Jess! :D

Or maybe the university lit it, so they'd have lots of expenses, and therefore an excuse to raise the HECS fees... :p

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by great_gregory
So who lit it? Eh? Eh? I'll bet it was you Jess! :D
yep, ill admit it, you heard it here on BOS first, i lit the fire in the shortland union building
:rolleyes:
if it was in the restaurant thingie, it was prob like some electrical fire or something

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I smelt it before I saw it. It did look quite bad, it spread very fast too:(. It started in the kitchen and then the fire spread upward:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by great_gregory
I miss my frozen cokes... :(

Any idea how long till they open it back up again?
It opened back up again today at 12:00a.m.:).

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
only half of it is opened - the noodle place, the pasta/sandwich thing, and the GT bar. better than nothing, but now i have to get my lollies from the vending machine at the cafe down near the bookshop, and the fuck doesnt have mentos in it

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
damn the Hunter Union is C R A P
they have absolutely nothing.. i had to eat TOFFEE APPLES today in history cause i couldnt jhave starburst cause the logo shop had run out :mad: :mad:

not happy at all:chainsaw:

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Mentos fresh and full of life!!:D

I hate the logo shop, they ran outof those name tag things that we needed for school visits and I couldnt find any

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i think its the equivalent of the union shop, but on the ugly side of the uni...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)