Fins2624 or Fins1612 first? (1 Viewer)

XD123123XD

HSC
People who finished their finance major or completed both subjects
Which one should i do first? or should i do both next sem?
I did fins1613 already

Fins1612 assessment structure looks the same for both semester 1 and semester 2
but for fins2624 semester 1 has online quizzes and finals is only 30 percent where as semester 2 they dont have online quizzes and the finals is worth 40%

Need opinions plox

authenticity

Povo Child
HSC
I did 1612 & 2624 at the same time just this sem. I would say it doesn't really matter whether you do one first or the other. Personally, I did benefit from this since there's a but of an overlap in topics (options) but overall, I would say it doesn't matter.

In regards to the online quizzes for 2624, basically free marks lol. However, the in lecture quizzes, were almost free marks too. I don't condone this behaviour! But during the in lecture online quiz, it was basically the one LIC walking around a whole lecture hall. So whenever she had her back turned, I saw people looking through test banks for the answers. But overall, I wouldn't say the online quizzes are too hard though. If you can handle the textbook questions, that would be enough. However I did notice that in the 2017 S2 course outline, class participation marks don't require you to actually participate in class. When I did it this sem, I needed to submit the problem sets & contribute in class. I'm not sure about other people, but i did lose marks since I didn't participate in all my tuts.

Overall, I would recommend doing both at the same time. You get to benefit from the topic overlap, you don't actually need to participate in class to be eligible for the marks (I really hate cp marks!) and iirc for me, my quizzes for 1612 & 2624 never clashed on the same week.

Just my 2c :)

XD123123XD

HSC
I did 1612 & 2624 at the same time just this sem. I would say it doesn't really matter whether you do one first or the other. Personally, I did benefit from this since there's a but of an overlap in topics (options) but overall, I would say it doesn't matter.

In regards to the online quizzes for 2624, basically free marks lol. However, the in lecture quizzes, were almost free marks too. I don't condone this behaviour! But during the in lecture online quiz, it was basically the one LIC walking around a whole lecture hall. So whenever she had her back turned, I saw people looking through test banks for the answers. But overall, I wouldn't say the online quizzes are too hard though. If you can handle the textbook questions, that would be enough. However I did notice that in the 2017 S2 course outline, class participation marks don't require you to actually participate in class. When I did it this sem, I needed to submit the problem sets & contribute in class. I'm not sure about other people, but i did lose marks since I didn't participate in all my tuts.

Overall, I would recommend doing both at the same time. You get to benefit from the topic overlap, you don't actually need to participate in class to be eligible for the marks (I really hate cp marks!) and iirc for me, my quizzes for 1612 & 2624 never clashed on the same week.

Just my 2c :)
hey thanks for your reply ! appreciated
Also fins2624 for semester 2 is horrible!

FINS2624
Semester 1
Class Partiticpation 10%
Online quiz 20%
2 lecture quizzes 30%
Final exam 40%

Semester 2
Class partificpation 10%
2 Lecture quiz 15% and 25%
Final quiz 50%

Should i do it in semester 1? If i do it in semester 1 il probs do fins1612 together next year!

It seems like you can get more free marks in semester 1 :)

authenticity

Povo Child
HSC
I suppose doing it semester 1 appears to be the easier option for most people, especially since the 2nd lect quiz is only worth 15% compared to sem 2.

It's really just a personal thing, but I hate having my grade dependent on class participation. I'm not sure about others, but it actually ruins the tut for me. And it's not just 2624, but many other comm courses. i spend the tut thinking of when I can answer a question to get 1 mark instead of actually concentrating and listening to what the tutor had to say. But aside from this one tid bit, I would recommend sem 1.

I also just noticed one other thing in the sem 2 course outline. They moved performance measures to week 9 and based on the details, it appears that it's examinable. When I did it in sem 1, performance measure was wk 13 and wasn't examinable. So I guess that's another reason not to do it sem 2 lol

XD123123XD

HSC
I suppose doing it semester 1 appears to be the easier option for most people, especially since the 2nd lect quiz is only worth 15% compared to sem 2.

It's really just a personal thing, but I hate having my grade dependent on class participation. I'm not sure about others, but it actually ruins the tut for me. And it's not just 2624, but many other comm courses. i spend the tut thinking of when I can answer a question to get 1 mark instead of actually concentrating and listening to what the tutor had to say. But aside from this one tid bit, I would recommend sem 1.

I also just noticed one other thing in the sem 2 course outline. They moved performance measures to week 9 and based on the details, it appears that it's examinable. When I did it in sem 1, performance measure was wk 13 and wasn't examinable. So I guess that's another reason not to do it sem 2 lol
Hiii
so you reckon i should just do it in sem1?
Do you have the test banks? ^__^
can i pm you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)