Finnished? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaranth

Hihi!
I was just wondering, has anyone else finished the sylabus yet, or is my school abormally ahead of schedule? We finished everything before our last test, two weeks ago, and we're doing revision and harder problems from now on. Anyone else out there finished?

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
no. i think you're uncommonly ahead. my school will still be teaching topics after the trials. and we'd probably have to attend holiday classes. kill me.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
umm no..
we are no where near finished
we are on trig functions now
we still have to do probability

and we are doing applications of calculus to the phsyical world after trials

FinalFantasy

HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
umm no..
we are no where near finished
we are on trig functions now
we still have to do probability

and we are doing applications of calculus to the phsyical world after trials
Application of Calculus to the physical world in 2unit?

Alaranth

FinalFantasy said:
o.. i tot apps. to physical world is 3unit:p
Nah, we do velocity, acceleration, motion graphs, etc. It takes a lot of us a while to get our heads around it, but we do it.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Its not uncommon to be done by now considering trials start early next term for many schools

FinalFantasy

HSC
Kyroth said:
Nah, we do velocity, acceleration, motion graphs, etc. It takes a lot of us a while to get our heads around it, but we do it.
oic, u guys do the motion part but not the simple harmonic motion and projectile, right?
and im sure u guys can kill the motion topics easily!

Pace_T

HSC
my class finished about 1.5 months ago. we just do past papers now..
i finished even before that
thread starter: your not abnormally ahead. maths mostly consists of practicing..

Last edited:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
FinalFantasy said:
oic, u guys do the motion part but not the simple harmonic motion and projectile, right?
and im sure u guys can kill the motion topics easily!
The main difference in the topics between 2 and 3 unit is that in 2 unit there is:

- rates of change, but not using chain rule. They usually give you a formula in terms of t and you normally just have to differentiate/integrate
- motion equations in terms of t, not like in 3 unit where they can be in terms of x, like above you just integrate or differentiate but theres none of the whole d/dv(1/2v2) thing. No parametrics like projectile either.
- exponential decay/growth using the formula P = Ae-kt, which is slightly different to the T = P + Ae-kt formula in 3 unit

Thats basically the 2 unit version.

Alaranth

*had a thought*
Have we finished because we have 3 and 4 unit ppl in our class as well, and they need the basics covered to move on? Other dude who said you'd finished, is your class mixed? Or is it straight 2 unit?

goan_crazy

HSC
will we be disadvantaged still doing the course and STILL DOING IT AFTER TRIALS?!
we still have to do THE WHOLE TOPIC of that physical world thing after the trials
from the sounds of things, most people r doing trial papers, we have just started trig functions
ie. 3 topics 2 go b4 we finish!

FinalFantasy

HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
will we be disadvantaged still doing the course and STILL DOING IT AFTER TRIALS?!
we still have to do THE WHOLE TOPIC of that physical world thing after the trials
from the sounds of things, most people r doing trial papers, we have just started trig functions
ie. 3 topics 2 go b4 we finish!
hey man, don't worry.. just stay calm, the physical world topic is quite easily done as long as u try;)
u won't be "disadvantaged"... but it is better if u finish it asap so u can start doing past papers
if u are keen u can just learn the 3 topics by urself during the coming holidays

HSC
yes! we've finished the 2 unit syllabus a while back. were wayyyy ahead of schedule for 3 unit as well.

goan_crazy

HSC
FinalFantasy said:
hey man, don't worry.. just stay calm, the physical world topic is quite easily done as long as u try;)
u won't be "disadvantaged"... but it is better if u finish it asap so u can start doing past papers
if u are keen u can just learn the 3 topics by urself during the coming holidays
i will do past papers doing questions that r from topics ive done in the hols
by then ill hav finished trig functions hopefully
then wen we go back 2 skool all well hav is 2 more topics

how is probability as a topic
what would u rate it?

FinalFantasy

HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
i will do past papers doing questions that r from topics ive done in the hols
by then ill hav finished trig functions hopefully
then wen we go back 2 skool all well hav is 2 more topics

what would u rate it?
probability is one of the hardest topics there is in 2\3 and even the 4unit course..
when high level probability questions pop up, dey can hit u pretty hard(for me atleast) :vcross:
especially in 4unit... i really hate it and i would be happy if dey don't put any probability questions in both 3\4unit exams this year for me!!

Pace_T

HSC
hey joe
you shouldn't worry bout ur class being slow
i don't remember learning a single thing in 2 unit class
u know why..
because i didnt. i didn't learn a single thing in my 2 unit class lol. everything i know from it so far was learning at home.
if u can predict that you are not going to finish the topics in time wat u do is go through the examples and exercises at home. spend ur time in class going onto the next exercise and asking teacher the questions u couldn't do.
u don't have to do the same stuff as what the class is doing. trust me, you'll fly thru the syllabus.
u should have the 2 week hols and the time before ur trials do just do past papers (atleast the last 4 years)
buy the phoenix past papers with solutions, u can do them on the hols as u don't need a teacher to explain how to get the answers
hope that helps

HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
what would u rate it?
don't even get me started on probability. last assessment i got 88%, the 1% mark i lost to trig and the other 11% to probability.

for the record, that 1% i lost was because i wrote the wrong coordinates down; (0, pi) instead of (pi, 0). stupid mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)