finding neverland and notebook (1 Viewer)

shurley16

HSC
i'm thinking of doing the film "finding neverland" and the novel "the notebook" as my additional texts for my speech on imaginative journeys -

explain how imaginative jouneys have been portrayed in the texts that you have studied

if anyone has any ideas or tips it would be very much appreciated

thanks...

SunshineJess19

HSC
:wave:
wow thats an awsome idea, i have a speech due on monday and i was looking for another piece of text and i think you just gave it to me.
Ill run it by my teacher tomorrow and see what she thinks, and ill ask about your question as well

:santa:

Dorabelle

HSC
what is the imaginative journey in the notebook? i rele cannot think of one? just wondering

SunshineJess19

HSC
i dont know thats why im gonna ask my teacher about the possibility, but the journey could be seen though the actual retelling of the story through the main characters eyes

:santa:

Imverybored

HSC
Hi guys. I was planning on using the Notebook for my related text too, but I decided to do Finding Neverland instead as I didn't wanted to have two films as related texts. The main imaginative journey in the notebook that I could identify was when Noah tells Allie about their past so that she can remember or 'imagine' what it was like. Also, as a teenager, Allie dreams of the perfect house and imagines what life would be like growing old with him.
Hope that is of some help to begin with... I just love the movie. It's such a chick flick lol
Good luck

SunshineJess19

HSC
yer thats wat i told my friends and they bit my head off so i got the shitd and walked off of course and ran into my teacher asked her and she said that but she goes watever you do dont re-tell the story, so im in the middle of that now writing my kick-ass speech to say infront of the smartest people in my yr and im freakin out so bad!!!

:wave: :santa:

Imverybored

HSC
Yeah I hate speeches too. I tend to get all shakey and talk too fast. Spose it'd be hard not to retell the story because that sort of is the imaginative journey. I'd focus alot on the change between the past and the present and the significance of these flashbacks. Also memory and imagination go hand in hand in this case. I love the story but it seems to be difficult to describe the journey. You know when you know what you want to say but you just can't write it!! I'm freakin out too because I've got an assessment due next week. I'm doing Finding Neverland as my related text for the Tempest. If you have any ideas regarding that i'd really appreciate some feedback. I'll keep thinking about the Notebook and get back to you tonight if I think of any. And just wondered do you mean the Notebook as in the NOVEL or the FILM??? Cheers.

SunshineJess19

HSC
im prob gonna do the film for this assment task and track the novel down for the actual HSC its just been a massive rush to get everything done...the homework is startin 2 build up
you dont know how hard it is 2 pll together coleridge and the notebook lol

Dorabelle

HSC
personal opinion= i think u guys have made it really hard on yourself using the notebook as an imaginative journey, its more of a reflection then imaginative. is it too late to change?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)