FINC2013 with FINC2012 ?? (1 Viewer)

fush

HSC
im in the process of organising what subjects i need to take for my finance major and im not sure if i should be taking (FINC2013 Introductory Mathematical Finance) together with FINC2012 (Corporate Finance II) in 2nd semester this year. Is that even possible to do??

I only have a limited number of units that I can allocate to commerce so I wanna try and maximise the finance units that i can take

has anyone done FINC2013? is it any good? whats the workload? cause 2nd sem is allready looking quite tough for me this year

Rorix

HSC
fush said:
im in the process of organising what subjects i need to take for my finance major and im not sure if i should be taking (FINC2013 Introductory Mathematical Finance) together with FINC2012 (Corporate Finance II) in 2nd semester this year. Is that even possible to do??
Yes.

has anyone done FINC2013? is it any good? whats the workload? cause 2nd sem is allready looking quite tough for me this year

It's not very useful toward your finance degree - the maths involved is arcane and you are quite unlikely to use it in the future (although I've heard it's useful in derivatives). It has an extremely high dropout rate because a) its hard b) its useless. A very large number of engineering students take the course for some reason, and the maths reflects it - if you already have extensive experience with vectors, matrices etc you might find it OK but if you don't there's no real catchup lessons. Overall I would recommend that you don't do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)