financial advice (1 Viewer)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
k, so i'm sort of investigating student loans at the moment as i need about 2000 in the near future.

i was going to sell my car, but really dont want to do this.

i checked out the site for financial aid at usyd, they seem kinda strict on it, the maximum is also 1500 apparently which isnt quite enough.

but student loans at commonwealth bank, apparently you need to have completed one full year of tertiary study - which i havent :(

what options are out there --- and also has anyone done this themselves? what are your thoughts?

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
How much is the near future?

The uni credit unions will tend to give you a student loan, but will tend to want to 'get to know you' (ie you show that you can pay them back, and they'll give you a decent interest rate, rather than a bank who's almost interested in you NOt paying back on time so you pay more interest..)...

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
yeah im with a credit union, so i was thinking that. but they dont have a student loan option.. only personal loans, with pretty high interest. i'll have to look into it a bit further.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
You couldn't lend from your parents? They usually have a pretty good interest rate. Otherwise, credit unions are the only other things I can think of.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i already owe my dad money, which i pay back a little every week, and ive only got a couple of hundred to go, but he's such a tight ass about it , it just kills me.

its kind of sucky having to do this when my grandparents have literally half a million dollars sitting in the bank doing nothing , but i guess thats life.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
k, so i'm sort of investigating student loans at the moment as i need about 2000 in the near future.

i was going to sell my car, but really dont want to do this.

i checked out the site for financial aid at usyd, they seem kinda strict on it, the maximum is also 1500 apparently which isnt quite enough.

but student loans at commonwealth bank, apparently you need to have completed one full year of tertiary study - which i havent :(

what options are out there --- and also has anyone done this themselves? what are your thoughts?
Well depending on what the loan is for may depend on how easy you are going to find a lender. If it is for the HECS contribution it doesnt really make sense to pay that way

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i'm not taking out a loan for hecs. that would be fucking ridiculous. it doesn't really matter what the loan is paying for , unless its a car or home, as there are loans specifically for that.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Getting loans from a bank or similar it isnt really important, but other sources may want that info.
I think I saw an ad about student loans or small loans under $10k on a bus, but cant remember details

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)