• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Finance Options (1 Viewer)

Eeko77

HSC
I've done almost all of the finance options, :) well maybe not quite all.

The hardest is easily Research Methods 1 fins 3775 , if you don't have any math or econometrics background u're pretty goneskies.. Having said that, the average is usually 80+.

IMM 3640 is my fav fins subject to date i think. Very useful and practical, Thomas Hengker is also pretty excellent, better than the alot of the half wits in the school. Also really easy to get high marks, but a HARD ass excel assignment.

Interest Rate Management 3636 is straight math. 3 hrs with David Colwell can be tough, and the questions can be long, but nothing tricky.

Options 3635 is pretty hard. 2nd semester seems fucked up, brownian motion and shit. This is most likely because I didn't attend any classes.

Strategies IM 3642, I'm doing now. seems like an easier version of RM 1 to be honest. anyone doing? there's only like 15 ppl in the class.

ACF 3625 also doing now, seems like fins 1613, don't really know what the fuss is about.

My advice? go do IMM, it's the only course I felt I've learnt something useful, oh and also acf, but then are you really gonna make IB? :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)