Finance major (1 Viewer)

fush

HSC
Is a finance major possible for me since im doin combined civil engo/commerce?

i was looking at the handbook and FINC2001 has ECMT1010 as a pre-requsit. Since I do MATH1005 instead of ECMT1010 as part of my engineering degree, can i still do the finance??

Anyone here doin finance? what is it like?

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
if you were exempt from doing ecmt1010 with your maths then it should be fine
and yeh i'm doing the first finance subject.. it's ok. lots of numbers as you would expect. so far it's just boring (more the lecturer than the material) and a bit tedious, but nothing too difficult.

alexialight

HSC
I have the same problem, I'm doing math1005 as part of my Commerce/Science and want to major in Accounting which requires ECMT1010 as well. Also ECMT1010 is one of the subjects I have to do if I want to be eligible for CPA accreditation (or was that the CA? whatever). I tried asking a bunch of people on those information days and got varying responses from everyone :( Most people said that math1005 would act as a waver so you can substitute that for ECMT1010 so you should be fine. Not sure about my accreditation problem though.

aditya

HSC
yeh u need it for cpa but not ca... thats for sure.. so unless u intend on going for CPA then you should contact a science administrator and explain them ur problem, they will surely help u out...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)