Finals! (1 Viewer)

juzmister

HSC
Yeah me to...Those were tough. I solved simultaneously, but i got a stange answer. The linear programming one was easy, as with the growth problem...Hopefully should pass the class. Has QMA scaled in the past?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
anyone get X1 = 14/24 & X2 = 1/5 ? lol. (or somewhat like that. my memory fails me)

for q6a) that is.

i spentlike 1 - 1.5 hours on q6. :/

ace

is retired
HSC
blackfriday said:
fins1613 last year sucked balls like paris hilton on video. that exam was redonkulous, there were 50 mc questions and i answered 10 of them and guessed the other 40 because i had no idea what they were asking. i still passed (just). they dont release past papers because they use the same exam every year (or so im told).

2624 this sem is alright with our lecturer who probably set the final exam whilst also waiting for his balls to drop. its definitely easier than 1613 but something tells me the final for this one wont be as easy as the mid-sem.
So true, he acts so uptight. He gave the impression of being forced to teach rather than just teaching it, we'll see how the exam goes. Haven't looked at the course since the midsession, this will be interesting.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
juzmister said:
Yeah me to...Those were tough. I solved simultaneously, but i got a stange answer. The linear programming one was easy, as with the growth problem...Hopefully should pass the class. Has QMA scaled in the past?
no

JackyS

HSC
anyone know where i can get acct1501 2006 papers?! cant find them anywhere!!!

HSC
politik said:
You get 50MC questions in FINS1613?

What a fucking joke of a major. Like marketing really.
yeh dude you havent seen fins1613 multiple choice, they're really hard

Pace_T

HSC
damn i thout that course was gona be easy, im enrolled in it for next semester. :(

HSC
ya know what it is, a heap of easy maths (but the key word: a heap) applied too alot of material work. my suggestion is, provided you keep on top of it you're fine. if you are like me and you just managed too cram about 5 weeks of FINS1613 in a week (along with studying other subjects) then of course its hard

on a week by week basis, its pretty thick lecture notes (like 80-120 slides), but i mean if you break it down over a few days its pretty easy too chew through. but of course last minute you really cant do much except memorise some calculation questions and hope for the best

ZabZu

HSC
juzmister said:
Has QMA scaled in the past?
Yes QMA gets scaled, depending on how well the students do.

Sem 1 last year I failed QMA and I tried to get my exam paper remarked. I was told my raw mark and it was around 7 marks lower.

HSC
when subjects require you too pass the final, does that mean scaled or raw mark passes the final?

Pace_T

HSC
i assume its the scaled mark, becoz then there wouldnt be much point in scaling to manipulate the pass rate, but im just guessing
on another note, these bloody 8:45am exams are so shit, i have to leave at like 6:30 or sumthing coz of peak hour traffic

HSC
yeh fuck! i was thinking about that today, 1B is on in the morning, chances are ill be leaving home 6:30-7, and prob have too take the backstreets to general holmes/southern cross drive.
you know those afternoon exams aren't that much better, you leave at 4 or 5 on the roads is suicide, especially on fridays! christ

Pace_T

HSC
hows southern cross drive that morning? ive never been that way in the morning, earliest was around 10am. i gotta take canterbury rd, m5 n then southern cross drive. i have a feeling ill be late

HSC
southern cross drive up until about 7:30 is *ok*. but general holmes drive starts clogging up around then and then eventually, southern cross drive gets owned.... i might wake up insanely early too dodge it because even at 7:00am id have too leave home at about 6:30, rockdale is far from me =/

T.Goodhew

Actuarial Co-op 06
HSC
stephenchow said:
Unrelated to exams, is your workload heaps since your doing Actuarial studies as well as Finance?
Most people won't just do a single major in the BCom, so I think my workload would be similar to someone doing Accounting as well as Fins as their major or Economics and Finance.

Although Actuarial subjects have difficulty and content similar to Law. Actuarial goes with Finance... it makes Finance easy (in my opinion :p)

Chris.

HSC
do u have to pass the micro 1 final to pass the course?

ace

is retired
HSC
Chris. said:
do u have to pass the micro 1 final to pass the course?
How could you not pass micro 1 final :) Best post by far, cracked me up. Micro 1, ....

(Yeah you probably need to pass it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)