Final Results (1 Viewer)

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
4eyesnb said:
isn't most course work postgrad only require you to have a degree. I have checkt UWS and UTS, and currently they only need a degree for their master course work for commerce/business. UNSW only require you to have a high pass ie 60-65. Both USYD and MQ require 65 average mostly or you can attend their graduate diploma then transfer to master.
hmm...yeah i'm a bit not sure about this klh, i'm doing sciences though so i don't know if there are any differences in requirements..if it is as you mentioned i would be so happy already but i'll still aim for a 4.8 to over 5gpa by the end of my degree, i'm also wondering about graduate diploma...probably need to read up more about post grad stuff, but if it is as you described, they are like an alternative entry point to masters?

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
Jacks said:
How it works in some cases is that you need a GPA of 5 excluding your first year. The university boards (and honours applications need to be approved by two separate panels) realise that as a first year you're really only starting to get the hang of things...and they tend to give you a bit of a grace period based on that.

Like I said in an earlier post, if you're looking at doing honours specifically just apply anyways, there are cases where people with below 5 have been accepted, and references from tutors are accepted in those circumstances. I can't speak for other things other than honours...but having just applied and had my application go through the process I know a little bit about how it works.
o ok Jacks, i was looking at doing honours also but i've lost hope since my gpa has gone from 5.2 something to 4.3 something :S terrible i know. hopefully i will pay attention to classes and improve it as i said above and yeah, if i can't do honours i'll do masters somehow lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)