final guesstimate (1 Viewer)

zhusalmz

HSC
ancient history - 1st raw 85-90
modern - 2nd (1 mark separating us - internal is really inflated, p sure im at 89 or 90) raw 70-75
business studies - 1st (2nd is 1-2 marks off) raw 85-90
eng adv - 3rd raw 70-80
it tvet - no internal marks/ raw 60 - 70

school rank is 700~ probs 500 - 600 this year

Last edited:

iPhone4

HSC
N/A
What are the cohort sizes, and are the "raw" numbers hsc exam or your estimated internal?

zhusalmz

HSC
estimated raw external marks. my internal marks for modern and business are 89-90, ancient 85 and English 85.

ancient cohort is 15, modern cohort is 18, business cohort is 22 and English cohort is 24

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
By Raws: 93
I disagree because of English, Modern and IT. Also, the school rank is very low which may be a drag in modern and English.

93 is max. I'd say by those raws, around 87.

By school rank and stuff, due to what happened last year to "the cream of the crop" in our school, its possible to get as low as an 80.

zhusalmz

HSC
our school rank is pretty poor, but like I said our cohort specifically for modern / English is pretty good. 80 is more than adequate for me, but what happened to your school last year?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
our school rank is pretty poor, but like I said our cohort specifically for modern / English is pretty good. 80 is more than adequate for me, but what happened to your school last year?
The guy doing the same subjects as me gets first place in year 12.

Walks out of every exam like: "Smashed it, 95+"

Nek minnit gets everything as band 4's and a 79 ATAR.

The most humiliating thing, 5 others got higher ATAR's than him. My school is ranked in the 600's.

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
The guy doing the same subjects as me gets first place in year 12.

Walks out of every exam like: "Smashed it, 95+"

Nek minnit gets everything as band 4's and a 79 ATAR.

The most humiliating thing, 5 others got higher ATAR's than him. My school is ranked in the 600's.
I'm guessing he put no effort into past HSC papers or exam technique. If your school doesn't mark to HSC standards, he would of walked out thinking he aced it when he would really get fucked over by the marking guidelines. Either that of he hit the wall and acted confident because he didn't want to admit that he knew he was screwed. Either way, it isn't very common that the first place in year 12 will get an ATAR of 79, even in a school ranked 600.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I'm guessing he put no effort into past HSC papers or exam technique. If your school doesn't mark to HSC standards, he would of walked out thinking he aced it when he would really get fucked over by the marking guidelines. Either that of he hit the wall and acted confident because he didn't want to admit that he knew he was screwed. Either way, it isn't very common that the first place in year 12 will get an ATAR of 79, even in a school ranked 600.

Yes that's true. I think he did crap but hid it. After all he was playing mine-craft just before HSC and I think he didn't study. That year was a crap cohort in general after what my teacher's told me. That's the thing though, my teachers tell me I should get over 90, but after what happened last year I'm a bit scared.

leesh95

HSC
Yes that's true. I think he did crap but hid it. After all he was playing mine-craft just before HSC and I think he didn't study. That year was a crap cohort in general after what my teacher's told me. That's the thing though, my teachers tell me I should get over 90, but after what happened last year I'm a bit scared.
At my school ranked 300 a kid was expected to get 98 ish last year. He also did the same subjects as you and every teacher said he was one of the smartest students they ever taught etc. etc.

Anyway he got an ATAR of ~ 93 which is very good but unfortunately not good enough to get him into his courses. He later told the teachers that he didn't sleep all night before his exams due to being stressed. But I don't know how true that is.
I guess that you never really know when you go to a low ranked school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)