Final Exam Timetable (1 Viewer)

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
mine are ok, but they are kind of bad too...i have 2 exams only, 3 days apart, and the worst part, they are only a few days after my 18th! so much for celebrating alot. :(

Super_Flyse

HSC
Cape said:
Environmental management > tourism.
So what you are saying is that Environmental Management is better then tourism... *prolonged gasp* How could you say something like that?

Am I the only one left prepared to fight for the crappy tourism subjects... They may be crappy, but too right I'll fight for them.. TO THE DEATH!

Cape said:
The research project isn't that bad - well not yet, maybe next semester I will change my tune.
And yeah, this time next semester, we'll see what you are saying about this research project.

Cape said:
8.30am, you wouldn't know what that is :p

Wow... How incredibly accruate...
Though, I do have a subject at 9 this semester... It kills me, I spend most of it trying not to fall asleep.

Optophobia

HSC
For a few of my subjects, the exam is on in multiple rooms.

I assume we will be assigned to rooms?

Super_Flyse

HSC
Optophobia said:

From my knowledge, you just go to the room you want to and if there are too many people there they will send you to another room.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
my timetable's horrible. i have two on one day. :( how come no one else has that??

Tues 13th- Economics
Tues 13th- Business Law

Tues 20th- Statistics for business
Wed 21st- Accounting reports and decisions.

POO POO POO!!

L

LaraB

Optophobia said:

You usually are assigned a room on Pweb..

Don't just go to any room...

There is a reason why people are assigned rooms - there's a limited number of papers in each room...

The way the exams generally work is that after the exam is started, you aren't allowed in during the 1st half hour, so if you just rock up to any room - you may not be allowedin because the room is already full and you potentially will have to walk across campus to another room and won't get in in time and thus, will miss a half hour of the exam.

It can still happen if you're in the right room because other people just decide to go where they feel like, but it shouldn't happen provided you get there early.

Plus, if you get booted from the room and it was your assigned room - you may be able to appeal if you get a shit mark due to having to miss the 1st half hour since you were in the right place so the uni has a responsibility to let you into that room.

Check PWeb - because the only times when there are multiple rooms is when they open up 2 rooms to make one - like in the demountables at parra - there's those divider thingos.. so technically you can go to either room, But otherwise, you'll be assigned one coz they only have the right number of papers for the number of students doing the course so they split the number of papers up depending on the numebrs in each room.

L

LaraB

Shell said:
my timetable's horrible. i have two on one day. :( how come no one else has that??

Tues 13th- Economics
Tues 13th- Business Law

Tues 20th- Statistics for business
Wed 21st- Accounting reports and decisions.

POO POO POO!!
lol some people do so you're not alone:)

It does suck though.. i had that last semester... but i suppose at least you have a few hours in between and the campuses are usually quiet enough to get some decent studying done for the next one

You justgotta get to sleep reeeal early so you don't fall asleep from boredom during them lol :p

j_davo24

HSC
Shell said:
In my first semester I had two on my first day of exams, a three day break and then two on that day. Trust me I know what it's like. There's still no reason you can't do well, just study for it and it shouldn't make a huge difference.

Optophobia

HSC
LaraB said:
You usually are assigned a room on Pweb..

Don't just go to any room...
yes thanks, i checked Pweb and its all up on there.

(You have to be pretty damn vigilent don't you? If you dont examine every single crevice of the UWS website at least once every 2 days, chances are you are missing out on something important. No notices or anything.)

L

LaraB

Optophobia said:
yes thanks, i checked Pweb and its all up on there.

(You have to be pretty damn vigilent don't you? If you dont examine every single crevice of the UWS website at least once every 2 days, chances are you are missing out on something important. No notices or anything.)

Yeah.. but i mean, it's not a UWS thing... its uni thing... my bros at UNSW n i got friends at pretty much every uni in NSW and they all have the same bitching about websites that we do :)

Since you mention it - you should check it the night before the exam - because they 99% won't, but they potentially can change the rooms so check the night before your exam:)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Super_Flyse said:
So what you are saying is that Environmental Management is better then tourism... *prolonged gasp* How could you say something like that?

Am I the only one left prepared to fight for the crappy tourism subjects... They may be crappy, but too right I'll fight for them.. TO THE DEATH!
I'm quite simply over all the tourist subjects now. They were fun, but after 2 years of the same stuff over and over again, its become boring.

Plus the lecturers who teach environmental management subjects aren't as freaky and scary as tourism lecturers. I find Pol to be very scary, actually in environmental planning the other day, we were bitching to our lecturer about him :p

Super_Flyse said:
And yeah, this time next semester, we'll see what you are saying about this research project.
Atleast there are no classes. Thats all I'm looking forward to. I'm not looking forward to the 30 minute presentation either.

Super_Flyse said:
Wow... How incredibly accruate...
Though, I do have a subject at 9 this semester... It kills me, I spend most of it trying not to fall asleep.
I skip my 9am class on Monday mornings :D Ian is too boring, its too early and its too cold.

Optophobia said:

Oh, I had one of those last year, from memory? But anyway, you can choose what room to go to, just arrive a few minutes before the exam, and check the timetable the day before :)

Super_Flyse

HSC
Cape said:
I'm quite simply over all the tourist subjects now. They were fun, but after 2 years of the same stuff over and over again, its become boring.

Plus the lecturers who teach environmental management subjects aren't as freaky and scary as tourism lecturers. I find Pol to be very scary, actually in environmental planning the other day, we were bitching to our lecturer about him :p
Some of them are alright, like Ian, he is alright, he is just very boring.

Yeah, they are all the same! The assignment worth 50% for Rural Tourism had very little to actually do with Rural Tourism! It was about sustainable tourism, like every other assignment! Soon they will all just be copied and pasted with a few words changed.

Cape said:
Atleast there are no classes. Thats all I'm looking forward to. I'm not looking forward to the 30 minute presentation either.
No classes?
Interesting...
But still, nothing is changing the fact i am cheering they are changing the course... That and it's moving to Penrith... yay! No more ridiculus trains!

Cape said:
I skip my 9am class on Monday mornings :D Ian is too boring, its too early and its too cold.
Tsk, Tsk...
My 9am isn't compulasory... Damn I cant spell... but anyways, yay for Marketing Subjects.

And Ian? Too boring! I could never believe that... Oh, i can't even lie about that, but ah well... What can you do?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Whats this I've heard about them changing the course? I've heard its going to be changed to tourism management or some crap like that. I'd ask Wendy, except she scares me, cause she always insists on talking to you for like an hour.

Glad I'm going to graduate with an applied science degree, and not this other crap that they have changed the degree to :)

Super_Flyse

HSC
Ah... Yes, they are changing it from a tourism degree to a tourism management degree...

As a part of that they are getting rid of the majors and you do some of each, it's pretty much the same course with a different name, at penrith and you don't do the research project... One of the extra subjects is a tourism and environment management one and a festival and events and I'm sure there is others...

I'm suppose to have a meeting with Wendy, I conned others to have the meeting at the same time coz she scares me too...

But yeah, the Applied science one is probably the best one for the science-y people.
Hope you don't fail anything!

purplemonkey

HSC
Kulazzi said:
well my lecturer has put one of our exams a bit earlier so I have that on june 1st, then I have an essay due for that subject due on 13th ... <_<

I'm not very happy

I take it you're talking about Everyday Life? Those essay questions seem a bit weird...my exam titmetable is great (being a first year has it's benefits):

14th June - Aust and the World (2:45pm - 4:55pm)
16th June - Foundations of Modern Aust (2:45pm - 4:55pm)

And they're in the cafeteria...I've never been there...it's upstairs Bldg 1 right?
Woo hoo, extra 3 weeks of holidays !!!! :-D

Kulazzi

HSC
Damn EL man. We had our tute and he was like "so why the ocntinous media coverage on the miners" and everyone was practically saying b/c we're aussies and we're mates and thats what mates do, they think of each other etc. etc. and he was like no no no, we must go deeper and then raised the issue of buying a bangladeshi toilet brush or an australian toilet brush :cool:

I don't like his lectures or tutes anymore :cool:

purplemonkey

HSC
Yeah...his lectures seem to be all over the place...the tute sounds crap man, lucky for me I have veronica who doesnt really push anything, we can say what we want...what do dunny brushes have to do with anything? Besides that, most stuff like that would be made in China :)

klh

HSC
my tt: all at Parra

14/6 IHRM @ 8.30
21/6 RTP @ 2.45
22/6 PPK @ 2.45
27/6 IM @ 8.30

not a bad exam timetable for me...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Super_Flyse said:
Ah... Yes, they are changing it from a tourism degree to a tourism management degree...

As a part of that they are getting rid of the majors and you do some of each, it's pretty much the same course with a different name, at penrith and you don't do the research project... One of the extra subjects is a tourism and environment management one and a festival and events and I'm sure there is others...

I'm suppose to have a meeting with Wendy, I conned others to have the meeting at the same time coz she scares me too...

But yeah, the Applied science one is probably the best one for the science-y people.
Hope you don't fail anything!
The Management degree will attract more people that the original tourism degree. Although, more people did the arts and applied science degrees.

Although, I now suspect that they will cut the amount of electives that you can choose. I think I had 8 free electives and 2 tourism electives.

I'm failing 2 subjects so far this semester =/ Put I should still pass, just got to do well in the final assignments. Too bad some idiot decided it would be cool to shove 5 assignments in one week.

Super_Flyse

HSC
Cape said:
The Management degree will attract more people that the original tourism degree. Although, more people did the arts and applied science degrees.

Although, I now suspect that they will cut the amount of electives that you can choose. I think I had 8 free electives and 2 tourism electives.

I'm failing 2 subjects so far this semester =/ Put I should still pass, just got to do well in the final assignments. Too bad some idiot decided it would be cool to shove 5 assignments in one week.
Nope... Still 8 electives...
They cut the research thing, so there's two units and I think they cut some others or atleast I know of 1 unit, but clearly they've cut more.

Yeah, the Tourism is going to attract more people, i think they are going to combine the current tourism degree and some degree that was based out of Campbelltown.
And more people probably did the arts and applied science coz they were around longer and the fact no one really knows what the Tourism degree is about.

Ouch... 5 assessments. Yay for all mine being spaced out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)