Filming (1 Viewer)

toms

Has everyone who's doing VideoDrama finished all their filming yet??

Anyone who hasn't started?

sammyg

yea, im doing video drama, i have finished my filming now but i got heaps of post production editing to do before i completly finish. my tip is, start filming now cuz it takes a while. i like made a plan and followed it, and for the last 6 weekends i have been able to do bit by bit filming. dont worry about filming in order of sequence of scenes because you can just edit it back together on the computer once you have finished.
Editing is gonna take heaps longer than filming, so if ur running a bit behind, you can edit as you go. as far as sound and music is concerned, i recon leave it till the last time you goto burn the movie (if on computer) because sometimes the syncapation of sound can get screwed up and out of time by heaps.
What are u planning to do for editing? u using a computer?

toms

yeah...I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro to edit my stuff. My school recently bought an editing suite..like 4 computers and all the programs to go with so I'm pretty happy about that! But they haven't finished setting it up yet, so I might just do it at home, coz my computer has firewire connections and Premiere Pro...

But I'm kinda shooting myself in the foot. I've just barely started filming...my script was completely rewritten last week so I don't really know how it's all going to turn out...kinda like "film and pick a story as you go" kinda thing...

We'll see how it goes...

sammyg

oh man! your so lucky! my schools got sh*t all as in resources for video drama! and i goto a private school! your lucky to have everything, i had to save up and buy all my gear from working. anyways, dont fret man, you still have time. you got this holidays which is 2-3 weeks. i know you gotta start studying for trials too, but look, my biggest advice is that you make yourself, like straight away as soon as you get this reply a plan for filming. my email is sammyskyline@iprimus.com.au if you need help, i can send you my plan (its pretty simple but could help ya). yea so u have a new idea, plan locations and shoot. screw doing your screenplay till like just before submission (honestly it can be done in a night). and biggest thing! make sure that your actors are ready! and dont have commitments, because you need them because i gurantee that you will need more time that u budget for. like i budgeted for 2 hours couple of sundays ago, and i ended up doing 4 hours! so yea, get them prepared, go hard and focus solid on it and nothin else and youll go fine. but yea, mail me if ya need ideas on planning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)