fiji anyone? (1 Viewer)

Sammiesunshine

HSC
spent most of my day at travel agents today and im now paying less and staying probably 12 days instead of 7 YAY!!! but now i have to pay extra for food *grumbles* ah well

col333

HSC
how did u get it cheaper if ur going with the mango bay schoolies pack???

Sammiesunshine

HSC
its the same thing except lunch and dinner we are going to have to buy... which kind of sucks but it is really no different. The travel agents i talked to had no idea what i was talking about when i said about unleashed. But just check with a travel agent they may be able to get better deals. I'm probably goping to try student flights on tuesday and see if they are any cheaper.

Dorabelle

HSC
Sammiesunshine said:
its the same thing except lunch and dinner we are going to have to buy... which kind of sucks but it is really no different. The travel agents i talked to had no idea what i was talking about when i said about unleashed. But just check with a travel agent they may be able to get better deals. I'm probably goping to try student flights on tuesday and see if they are any cheaper.
lunch and dinner there is actually cheap its between $10-25 but theres not a lot of variety on the menu.
how much are ur flights at the moment?

Sammiesunshine

HSC
ok thats what i was thinking but then that multiplied by 12 days :S it still will end up being a little pricey.
They gave me a total price not a flight price so i'm not sure about how mucht the flight is

~untitled~

HSC
A friend and i stayed at Tambua Sands resort on the coral coast for schoolies last year and we got 8 nights for around 1100 (cant remember the exact price) with breakfast included, the resort was really nice too.

Dorabelle

HSC
whats the coral coast actually like i heard its not that great but dont actually want to believe it lol

~untitled~

HSC
Dorabelle said:
whats the coral coast actually like i heard its not that great but dont actually want to believe it lol
It was good for us, but i guess it depends what you're after. We didn't really go crazy and only had a few cocktails at dinner, but it was more about chilling out and forgetting about school than getting absolutely trashed for a week straight. The actual beach around the resort wasn't so nice because of the coral, so we just swam in the pool which was right in front of the beach anyway and was really nice. But the beach is so hot for the day, we tended to go out during the day and do something "cultural", then go swimming in the afternoon or at night, (if you're going on the beach during the day lather on the suncream, i got absolutely killer sunburn having albino skin and now have permanant tan lines). Because the place we were staying at was quite small, we had pretty much all the facilities to ourselves.

But all in all, schoolies is what you make it. It doesent matter where you are, but it's an entire week to do whatever the hell you want, so let go and make the most of it. Personally i found the coral coast great!

Dorabelle

HSC
~untitled~ said:
It was good for us, but i guess it depends what you're after. We didn't really go crazy and only had a few cocktails at dinner, but it was more about chilling out and forgetting about school than getting absolutely trashed for a week straight.

SOUNDS AWESOME! its exactly what i was looking for.
where did u stay?
are the beaches rocky?

~untitled~

HSC
Dorabelle said:
SOUNDS AWESOME! its exactly what i was looking for.
where did u stay?
are the beaches rocky?
We stayed at Tambua Sands resort, it turned out really nice, but we didnt really have that much time to look around for alternative places as we booked in the middle of the hsc exams, so we just took whatever the travel agent said was nice so that we could get on with our study. The beach shouldnt be rocky outside the front of your bure (but there will be a little bit of coral that will have washed in on the sand, but not enough to bother you), but it will get quite roocky if you go for a walk down the beach, in which case wear joggers as opposed to thongs because chances are youll have to climb over a whole heap of rocks, meaning youll have to take your thongs off and will hurt your tootsies, just like i did :p.

Sammiesunshine

HSC
$707 to go for me :D and i am going to have to be so cheap as of now :( thats makes me infinitely sad....
yeah guys come to beachcomber!!! in first or second week!! :D haha we want more ppl there damn it!LOL

Sammiesunshine

HSC
lol that's what i meant :S hahah it's ok you know u love me charizard ROFL

yes people i meant MANGO BAY!!!!
i repeat MANGO BAY :D
go to mango bay!
ok i am being annoying now
much love xoxo

jessyy

HSC
i went to fiji two years ago. stayed at the shangrila resort near nadi.
just some advice, be careful when you go into towns, its not a very enjoyable experience when the indian fijians are chasing you everywhere and physically pulling you into their stores.

have fun!

jaymz

HSC
Im going from the 22nd for seven nights. To beautiful Naviti Island. Seven nights of paradise with my gf and friends:D Going to be sweet!!!!

Dorabelle

HSC
only 7 months and 15 days... ish! hahah
and mango bay goers the menu is alright and the most expensive thing is $13.40 (aus) :D:D:D

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Just confirmed that im going to Fiji in October for 4 days for a work conference. All expenses paid and the such.

Woo!

Sammiesunshine

HSC
Dorabelle said:
only 7 months and 15 days... ish! hahah
and mango bay goers the menu is alright and the most expensive thing is $13.40 (aus) :D:D:D
Thanks for the heads up dorabelle i was going to email them about food prices because i wanted to see how much money I would need roughly minus spending :p hehehe
I hear their menu is pretty boring but i guess i wont really care.

YAY! all paid off except for scuba cruise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)