Fight Club Or V For Vendetta (1 Viewer)

Kartik

HSC
For changing perspective we have an in class assesment
we need to pick 2 things and they give us one,

for a movie i was thinkin of either fight club or v for vendetta,
which one do u think is better for changing perspective and reasns

also i have no idea wat to do for a 2nd text,
can soemone recomend a poem or a cartoon (i think poem works bettr)

THANX
very appreciative of any help

Sofstar

HSC
I don't know about fight club. But V for Vendetta is a good movie, book is good too.

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
Fight Club is better. Because it explores the human mind and how the mind affects all actions and words said, while V for Vendetta is political based movie. And that only explores what one's idealistic future could be like, created by someone who's completely ripped off Brave New World.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Born2baplacebo said:
...created by someone who's completely ripped off Brave New World.
Care to elaborate?

Sure, they share a lot of common themes, but they are vastly different. You could say that of any dystopian fiction- BNW, Farenheit 451, 1987...

Oh and just so you know, the original V was very different from the movie in terms of themes.

If you want something original, go for the V for Vendetta graphic novel. It very different to the film, the themes explored are totally different, its a lot more political to, and of a different sort, more 'anarchy', less 'terrorism'

I would pick V, because fight club seems so commonly used (although when i had done this V had just come out and it was to late for me to use it...i was so dissapointed!)

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
Fight Club has better themes than V for Vendetta. Because politically based themes and dystopia etc. is used in an extent that it starts to annoy viewers. You don't have a totaliartarian (sp?) dictatorship in Fight Club like V for Vendetta does and so does BNW.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
which one do u think is better for changing perspective and reasns
If you do V, focus on evey hammond and how her perspective of the world is transformed (rather dramatically through stages torture) along with the rest of london.

Last edited:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Engage with fight club if you want a bona fide literary text with both populist and high-culture appeal.

V for Vendetta at least the film version is just another marketable product from the Hollywood machine (which is actually subtly subverted in fight club the novel and film to an extent).

And the graphic novel V for Vendetta is probably a unique choice but it relies solely on its avant-garde nature and quasi-political slant to promote its own textual integrity.

If you do choose fight club, comment on consumerism, conspicuous consumption and disestablishment and the shifting perspectives of the protagonist as he progressively loses his identity to a shapeless society. Win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)