Field Study help. (1 Viewer)

iMiraj

HSC
Hey guys, for our bio class, we had to do a field study on an ecosystem of our choice; I chose Kogarah's Biccentiniel Park Pond.

Currently, the water is completely littered with green seeds or something thats green lol, and the surface looks solid.

There are ducks, and there is massive pollution.

There was also a small worm-like organism.

I forgot my camera that day so I have no pictures of it, but can anyone give me ideas on how to catch organisims so I can identify them?

A Dark pond with med-high salinity and pollution, and little (if none) light

Brontecat

HSC
i think you should be doing stuff like quadrats or transects to estimate population abundanceand distribution thats probably a bit of an easier option too - for the terrestrial stuff
not too sure how you could do the aquatic stuff, maybe you could take a sample and use that just in a transparent bucket of water or plastic bag cause it might be easier to see the stuff if its in a smaller bit

iMiraj

HSC
Yeah, I know, but I dont know how to determine what organisms are in that ecosystem :(

Brontecat

HSC
like identifying themself and stuff? maybe try using secondary sources thatd what i did for mine but it was easier cause mine was a man made wetlands that had its own website and stuff

im not sure how far you're into the study but maybe you need to consider changing your site??

sorri i cant be of more help :(

allira92

HSC
i would say, take a camera and then use a secondary source (google) to find out what they are...

we did a rock platform
which is rather easy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)