FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT CIVIL ENGINEERING IN UTS THANX =v= (1 Viewer)

Dani0814

HSC
HI GUYS, I KNEW THIS MINGHT BEEN ASKED FOR A FEW TIMES BUT I THINK IT MIGHT BE FASTER SORRY GUYS

I THINK I'M 90% SURE DOING CIVIL ENGINEERING 2011.

1--BIT WORRIED ABOUT MY SPEAKING ENGLISH [IT IS REALLY BAD T T]
2--I DID NOT TAKE PHYSICS IN HIGH SCHOOL. WILL THAT MATTER MUCH? COZ THE LADY IN THE INFOR NIGHT KEEPS TELLING ME THAT IF I'M DOING EX2 MATH IT'LL BE FINE ? THEY WILL DO PHYSICS ANYWAY IN FIRST YR = = Orz
3--I LOOKED AT FEW THREADS? AND LITTLE CONFUSED THAT THE CAREER LADY SAID UTS HAS A VERY GOOD REPUTATION ON ENGINEERING BUT LOTS PPL SAY THAT UTS IS NOT BETTER THAN USYD AND UNSW
4--LAST ONE, SORRY AGAIN- DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE O-WEEK FOR 2011? I WENT THROUGH THE HANDBOOK FEW TIMES BUT IT DID NOT TELL.

THANKS

M@ster P

HSC
1. I think you should seek to improve your level of english because english is important. If your level of english is not to standard, you may find difficulty in comprehending the information in textbooks for example, physics textbooks where they explain all the theory in english. Looking beyond this in terms of career, engineers use english on a day to day basis whether writing up formal letters, reports, conversing with clients etc...

2. No physics in highschool does not help much at all as it concentrates on its history and not much on its application where the real physics lies. It does help a tiny bit with the introduction of concepts but other than that no big deal. Doing ext 2 maths will definitely help you not only in physics but also in math where you would have already covered about 30% of the course. Ext 2 math is definitely more valuable then hsc physics.

3. Look I had the same problem with you with what uni I wanted to choose. At first I was adamant on going to uts then at the last second I changed my mine to unsw. UNSW seemed too good to pass with its prestige and all that, also I liked the campus of UNSW much better then UTS. In the end they are both accredited by engineers australia meaning you can work as a professional engineer so it doesn't really matter too much. If you stuck with your decision perhaps just rock up to both unis and just feel which one your more comfortable with and pick that.

4. Can't remember

Anyways good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)