Fenner Hall Question (1 Viewer)

speake53

I recently went down to Canberra for the PEA day and while I was there I drove past Fenner Hall a few times (which is where I will be staying) and I couldn't help but notice that 6 out of the 6 people who either entered or left the building were Asians. Does anyone here who stays at Fenner or would know about how many Asians there are there? I have nothing against Asians, I just wouldn't want to be the only non asian there

Himezaki

Teh Train Ninja!
HSC
Look at it from my point of view -

I still dont' have my offer but my application right now says fenner.

i drove pass fenner twice and i saw 2 out of 2 people were skips walk in and out of the hall - one of which i asked for directions from.

and not to mention seeing no asians anywhere else other in PEA day.

I got nothing against these ppl but.....i just don't want to be the only asian kid in canberra LOL

Paroissien

HSC
And keep in mind residents would not be in Fenner Hall during PEA day, or at least the vast majority

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Fenner hall is the most international of the halls at 47% international students, so I would say its fair to assume that a good proportion of Fenner residents are asain but by no means all.

That said I don't know what anyones worrying about on PEA day I saw that there was quite a mix of ethnicities including large numbers of asians, the majority of course being anglos.

chelloveck

i'm feeling fat and sassy
fenner hall. perving on mcdickpants across the roa
HSC
addymac said:
Fenner hall is the most international of the halls at 47% international students, so I would say its fair to assume that a good proportion of Fenner residents are asain but by no means all.

That said I don't know what anyones worrying about on PEA day I saw that there was quite a mix of ethnicities including large numbers of asians, the majority of course being anglos.
does international student just = asian? as in south east asian?

or does it mean an even mix of esat asian, south asian, west asian and european?

kenny75

HSC
international = full fee paying oversea students + exchange students

full fee paying are usually asian, they stay for the entire degree, but exchange could be from all over the world, they only stay for half or whole year, usually americans

alphatango

Resident Geek
HSC
N/A
Yup, a good mix from everywhere, both nationally and internationally. Last year, I had something along the lines of four SE Asians, two Americans, and two Indians on my floor. Of those from Australia, I think roughly half were from NSW/ACT, and something like three other states were represented.

alphatango

Resident Geek
HSC
N/A
I told you we should have had our army standing on the northern border rather than worrying about an invasion from Victoria...

*huggles his fridge* A fridge is a very nifty thing to have in your room. Get one. Or resign yourself to having to wander outside your room every time you want a cold drink. =P

rumour

HSC
I went past Fenner today......& someone came out..........

they were asian:eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
cherryblossom said:
I;m asian! and I'm going to B&G. :D hopefully anyway.

Hahahaha *burp* B&G hahaha... oh dear. Yeah B&G is cool. Though, there IS always Bruce of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)