Feminism and Multiculturalism (1 Viewer)

carnage193

Focus
HSC
Hey there,

I really need some help with notes about Feminism and Multiculturalism. This is for history and I really need to pass. Any notes or help would be much appreciated.

afta???

HSC
carnage193 said:
Hey there,

I really need some help with notes about Feminism and Multiculturalism. This is for history and I really need to pass. Any notes or help would be much appreciated.
i dont think u would find much help here
just go and memorise ur history textbook n pass .........yr 10 is intended for bludging not studying... start worrying nxt year

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
What were the goals, methos & successes of the woman's liberation movement?

Goals
* It believed that women were discriminated against because of gender. the discrimination occurred throughtout society but was particularly obvious in the areas of health, education, pay, promotion, career choices and sexual freedom.
* It wanted to empower women by changing their beliefs about woman's roles, goals, and abilities,
* It wanted the genders to unlearn all that was sexist in their upbringing. * Educate bring political and social change.

Methods
* The first national women's Liberation conference, May 1970, asserted that Direct action would be the most effective means of obtaining change.
* Books, lectures, pamphlets and street protests.
* Debates over womens rights were affected by books such as Germaine Greer's The Female Eunuch which said that women were slaves to their husbands and children.
* The Women's Electoral Lobby political by 1972 was pressuring unions and politicians to bring about change for women especially in working conditions and pay.

Successes
* 1969 women working in the same jobs as men recieved equal pay.
* 1972 the equal pay for equal work was extended to all occupations.

Summary Women - 1945-1970
1945-1960 -> "Baby Boom" -> Womens role in society was motherhood
1960-1970 -> Women's Liberation Movement develops
-> Civil Rights movement
-> Technological/scientific change -> the Pill
1970-1972 -> Women's rights -> equal pay for equal work
-> "Female Eunuch" by Germaine Greer
-> "Baby Boomers" -> reach Adulthood.

Why did Australian patterns of migration change post WWII?

1945-1950's -Deliberate policy - Arthur Calwell - Minister for immigration - defense - "Asian Invasion" - refugees - Displaced persons from war torn Europe - economy to grow.
1950-1960's 10 pound migrants - maintain our British heritage.
1970's - End of white Australia policy - result of end of Vietnam war - Labor government.

What contribution did migrants make to Australia's social, coultural and economic development?

Social (Society)
* Tolerance of migrants -> differences
* Homogeneous society -> essentially anglo-celtic to Multicultural society
* Diversity of population
* Assimilation
* 1949 - beginnings of Australian citizenship. All migrants have to be naturalized

Cultural
* Food/dietry - availibility of different food and take-away.
* Religion - more religion
- 1945-1970 - Catholic Church, Church of England, Presbyterian and methodist (4 biggest religions in Australia in 1947)
- Plurality - Many religions being accepted eg. Islam, Buddism, etc and other Christian varients/denominations eg orthodox Christians.
* Language - many languages
* Assimilation to Integration - acceptance of differences.

Economic
* Labour for government schemes eg. Snowy Mountain scheme
* BHP - steel industry
* Housing

its late thats all im writing for now, hope it helps, any questions just ask

sexy_student

HSC
thanks tenille!!

hey thanks alot tenille ur info helped me out alot for my leagl assignment! if u gotz any otha tips or advice dnt be shyy!!!

:) :) :) :)

thanks,
eReN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)