Females with divorced parents please =] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

donniesweet

The Iconoclaster
HSC
i just need females to complete my IRP survey. it is about the effects of divorce on female teenagers and i would really appreciate it if you could complete this.
you can PM or email me the completed survey for privacy

[FONT=&quot]Please note that any information given on this survey will remain confidential and will only be used for research purposes.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]How old are you?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][ ] 16[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][ ] 17[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][ ] 18[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] What is your cultural background?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] How old were you when their divorce occurred[/FONT]?

[FONT=&quot]4.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Was the divorce a negative or positive experience for you? Explain your answer.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]5.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] How has the divorce impacted on your well-being? Explain your answer.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]a) Physically e.g. Good health[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]b) Socially e.g. Interaction, friendship[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]c) Emotionally e.g. Positive attitude[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]d) Intellectually e.g. Disruption in school[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]e) Economically e.g. Money to satisfy physical needs[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]6.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] a) What support networks are available to an individual if they need help?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]b) Are these support networks helpful? Did you use them? Explain your answer.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your time and participation in this survey.[/FONT]

donniesweet

The Iconoclaster
HSC
this is a really simple survey and i need people to do it! please! extremely desperate here! hahah
it's due next week and i am very very desperate for more surveys =]
help! it wont take long! promise!

SiN3m

HSC
Please note that any information given on this survey will remain confidential and will only be used for research purposes.
[FONT=&quot]1.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]How old are you?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][ ] 16[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][X ] 17[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][ ] 18[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] What is your cultural background?[/FONT]
Turkish

[FONT=&quot]3.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] How old were you when their divorce occurred[/FONT]?

[FONT=&quot]4.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Was the divorce a negative or positive experience for you? Explain your answer.[/FONT]
I don't really know as i do't really have a clear recollection however in the long run, yes i think it was positive, as I'd rather live with y mother alone than with a complete family surrounded by continuous argueing/fighting

[FONT=&quot]5.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] How has the divorce impacted on your well-being? Explain your answer.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]a) Physically e.g. Good health
Not much at all[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]b) Socially e.g. Interaction, friendship
Socially, i just try harder not to be like my parents.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]c) Emotionally e.g. Positive attitude
I have a more cynical view on relationships however it makes me determined to find someone i truely love before i commit to marriage as i don't want my kids of people around me to go through a divorce..let alone myself![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]d) Intellectually e.g. Disruption in school
Nope[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]e) Economically e.g. Money to satisfy physical needs
No...i lived with my mum on a single income after but it wasn't so bad...[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]6.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] a) What support networks are available to an individual if they need help?
no idea...but then again i never looked coz i never really felt the need[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]b) Are these support networks helpful? Did you use them? Explain your answer.
never used them but i beleive they are out there :D[/FONT]

Last edited:
HSC
1.How old are you?
[x] 16
[ ] 17
[ ] 18

2. What is your cultural background?
Aussie

3. How old were you when their divorce occurred?

4. Was the divorce a negative or positive experience for you? Explain your answer.
Negative and positive- allowed me to get more freedom with my mum, and get new siblings but also caused me to suffer from mental illness's

5. How has the divorce impacted on your well-being? Explain your answer.
a) Physically e.g. Good health
I have ok health...

b) Socially e.g. Interaction, friendship
I am an agorphobic... but I'm ok... I have friends and I can make friends ok

c) Emotionally e.g. Positive attitude
I have 2 mental illness's - Depression and anxiety

d) Intellectually e.g. Disruption in school
My marks dropped a bit... but nothing drastic

e) Economically e.g. Money to satisfy physical needs
We have enough to satisfy basic needs and a few wants above that, but we now classify poor enough for centrelink

6. a) What support networks are available to an individual if they need help?
Centrelink... KidsHelpline??

b) Are these support networks helpful? Did you use them? Explain your answer.
KHL were good when I was 13...

donniesweet

The Iconoclaster
HSC
Thanks so much SiN3m and random-nobody23!
You guys are awesome!
All is much appreciated =]

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
1.How old are you?
[ ] 16
[ ] 17
[x] 18

2. What is your cultural background? australian.

3. How old were you when their divorce occurred? 13

4. Was the divorce a negative or positive experience for you? Explain your answer.
both. positive in that it relieved the pressure of living with an emotionally and physically abusive cunt. negative in that the court proceedings were long, painful, and resulted in much manipulation on my fathers part.

I probably put on a bit of weight to begin with i guess, but not severely. more emotionally, i became fairly sensitive.

Not at all. if anything my friends rallied around me with support.

emotionally i became a little skewed, but im ok now. i was easilly upset in provate but upbeat otherwise.

not at all. ive always excelled in school. for me its the perfect distraction

i now work for myself, but until i did, it was difficult to get extra due to financial pressure living on one income

family. friends. school. community services.

i utilised friends and school, but not alot, just for reassurence. others may find them invaluable and a total neccesity. i did not.

donniesweet

The Iconoclaster
HSC
thank you very much sonyaleeisapixi!
your generosity has saved my desperate butt! =P

Kami08

HSC
1.How old are you?
[ ] 16
[ ] 17
[X] 18

2. What is your cultural background?
Australian

3. How old were you when their divorce occurred?
Separated at 3, divorced at 9

At the time, I didn't even know my parents were separated! LOL! I was so completely clueless. I lived with my mother until four years ago, when I left and I now live with my dad and have no contact with my mother. I think at the time it didn't really affect me, but as I got older, I realised how much I would have liked a together-family. Now though, I love my dad and I'm really happy that I'm living with him now.

I've always had a low immune system and been susceptible (is that how you spell that?) to anything that's going around. When they split up, I was right in the middle of chronically ill (they told me...oh...three months after a month-long hospitalisation..fun times!)

I'm a lot more cynical about relationships. I'm incredibly guarded and wary of making friends too quickly. I'm told I'm very loyal, but if I'm hurt I 'shut people out' and just try to avoid them at all costs. I'm not sure though if that's as a result of the divorce or my upbringing though.

Much like end of last response ^^, I'm not sure if it's a result of the divorce or upbringing, but I've had anorexia twice, and still suffer from acute depression and anxiety. I'm much better now though - meds do great things! :D

I'm at a top selective high. And though I'm not really happy with my marks, that's because of me, not because of anyone else!

No real problems. I'm pretty conservative anyway.

Kids Help Line, LifeLine, Reach Out, school counsellor/year advisor, HeadSpace (Youth Mental Health Forum). Is that enough? :p

I've used Kids Help Line Online a few times when things got really bad a few years ago, and I was formally a Reach Out Community Online Native (i.e. on all the time and helping people). Now I just keep in contact with those I got contact details for over myspace and we've banded together. I got disconnected from the internet for 18 months, which meant I lost a lot of the contacts I had.

Hope that helps and you do well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)