Felling the fear, the truth, doubt (1 Viewer)

Jin-17

I hope everyone get what they want. As for estimate, its not as accuate as u thin in that do not take the human condititons or trais in account, the year performance and anything else like that. Like I said I would settle for something like 82, so I can do social science in syd or toruism in UTS. Of course the higher the better, but better not be greedy:D

stressed02

I am starting to get worried about my UAI now that i have been thinking about it...
All year i have worked thinking, meh, i will get what i need.... but now that the time comes closer i'm starting to doubt that... i'm even having thoughts that i might fail lol... i really don't know... its so hard to tell what i even THINK i might get...
I need low 90's to get into my first preferences... but now that i think about it, doing subjects like DT, art, general maths... i don't know if i'll do any good...
sorry to ramble! :confused:

good luck guys.

Jin-17

Originally posted by stressed02
I am starting to get worried about my UAI now that i have been thinking about it...
All year i have worked thinking, meh, i will get what i need.... but now that the time comes closer i'm starting to doubt that... i'm even having thoughts that i might fail lol... i really don't know... its so hard to tell what i even THINK i might get...
I need low 90's to get into my first preferences... but now that i think about it, doing subjects like DT, art, general maths... i don't know if i'll do any good...
sorry to ramble! :confused:

good luck guys.
Finally someone that are worried as well. I dont mean it in a bad way, but the day is coming closer, and its bascially the day when I either waste a year of my life on something I dont want or be crying becasue of a low UAI. Some people may say to me to get over it and HSC isn't everything, but I dont think so. U guys dont me for s start and there is one thing I have to say, it would be my pride that would be shattered. For a true asian, that means an end of the world. U people just dont understand.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by Jin-17
For a true asian, that means an end of the world. U people just dont understand.
It can mean the world to others as well. Trust me, we can understand, maybe even more than u think. Yes its a concern, and theres a pit in my stomach whenever i think about it, but I will get sick if i do stress about it constantly for a month. I'm starting rue every moment of procrastination, each episode of "saved by the bell" and "mash" watched, the time spent watching movies, avoiding work etc...But there really is nothing we can do for the moment. In terms of courses, there are always other options. In terms of ur own sense of "dignity", i.e what u feel u deserve as a reflection of all ur work...well, not much u can do about that. Hopefully however, this post will be purely hypothetical and obsolete in 3weeks and u will have done brilliantly :)

stressed02

I know what you mean...
Alot of my friends are like, 'don't worry, it's only the HSC'... but i mean i still need a good mark, that's what it comes down to. I know there are other options, but i want to go to uni, and i have preferences as to what i want to do.
I'm not Asian, but i have some Asian friends and i understand what you mean about shattering your pride, as a lot of pressure is placed on some of them by their parents. My parents, however, do place, and have placed quite a bit of pressure on me, which i didnt need on top of pressure on myself and my school throughout this year... so i know where you are coming from....

Jin-17

Lets face it u know the quoate "people love themselve more than their neighbour?" I believe this is a true reflection. No one cares about u after that time, its for yourslve u have to do, but I can't live with the shame. If i do badly, than I will leave home and stay by myself until I redeemed myself. And no one better give me any pity or anything.

Christine

beige member
HSC
Originally posted by Jin-17
Lets face it u know the quoate "people love themselve more than their neighbour?" I believe this is a true reflection. No one cares about u after that time, its for yourslve u have to do, but I can't live with the shame. If i do badly, than I will leave home and stay by myself until I redeemed myself. And no one better give me any pity or anything.
wow, i understand that u take the hsc very seriously, but let me put it this way.

2 scenarios - u must choose one

1. High UAI = dream job = lots of money but for some reason u were unhappy

2. Low UAI = ok job = average income = 'normality'

a lot of high acheivers often end up alone, unhappy etc etc because they put too much emphasis on acheivment

low marks doesn't mean that aren't successful. You've worked your ass off for a year right - nobody can take it away from you - at the end of the day, who cares what your friends and family think - its your life and YOU KNOW THAT YOUVE TRIED YOUR HARDEST!

Morgues

I am not stressed at all at the moment
It really is not that significant - even if you do get a 99.xx uai you still need to work your ass off in uni to get a high paid job and I know people who find themselves in tafe within a year of starting uni even though they received 95+ UAIs

Having said that I will be shaking the day before the hsc results are released - my friends and I are planning a party the night before so that we are all to drunk to worry :p

Christine

beige member
HSC
Originally posted by Morgues
my friends and I are planning a party the night before so that we are all to drunk to worry :p
i really like that idea!!

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
There's no fear truth and doubt for me. Cause whatever I get is what I get it's as simple as that. :D :D :D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ultimate
There's no fear truth and doubt for me. Cause whatever I get is what I get it's as simple as that. :D :D :D
totally agree, coz there is nothing you can do about it and as that song goes ... "whatever will be will be" ...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by !meeee!
what i hate is how everyone says "once you're at uni your uai won't matter and no one will care"
the problem is in order to get into uni and your desired course your uai DOES matter so really that's no consolation at all
yes, but once you get into uni and your course (hopefully its the one you want), then it wont matter ... just like your uni degree after a decade ... nothing will matter ... well not nothing ....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)