Fees? (1 Viewer)

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Hi,
I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the annual fees are for a 3rd year Arts student. 1st year was $577 and 2nd $481, but the amount is suppose to decrease further. If anyone knows the exact amount, thanks.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
$481 increased slightly. The extra fee is just for first year.

walrusbear

HSC
don't worry, come july you won't even have to contribute to the university who're giving you your education

walrusbear

HSC
Henry_Kissinger said:
erm how does funding palestinian terrorists contribute to the university of sydney?

funding meetings with julia gillard?
yeah that's a very representative notion of union
thanks for that kissinger ;)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
here we are

http://www.usyd.edu.au/su/studentcentre/sib/compsubs

almost 500 bucks upfront for me. Sigh...

edit:
Mambomeg said:
and you have to pay it all upfront and then jump through all sorts of hoops to get a refund when VSU comes in in July. Bastards!
the email i just got from student centre says that if we enrol in sem 1, we pay all compulsory fees and it's pretty much "tough luck". I don't think we get refunds cos it's a "transitional phase of the legislation" or something. Ack! *thinks about taking a break for sem 1*

Collin

HSC
N/A
Shame VSU wasn't implemented for Sem 1 06'. Big shame.

Collin

HSC
N/A
From my memory of 05', we didn't have to pay it all in one go. I certainly hope this is still the case, so I can save trouble by not having to lodge an effort to get a refund after VSU kicks in at the July semester.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
If you're pissed off about the rule, then join the Independent Students' Association. We're going to be fighting those responsible for this, and we need as many hands on deck as possible.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
JKDDragon said:
From my memory of 05', we didn't have to pay it all in one go. I certainly hope this is still the case, so I can save trouble by not having to lodge an effort to get a refund after VSU kicks in at the July semester.
We did have to pay all student fees in one go year.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
It's in the university's interest for students to pay the fees. I think it's disgusting that we're going to be asked to pay $540 on demand - money that not only takes a big hit out of our budgets, but that we also have no hope of seeing again. When my business is at a low point, $540 can represent an entire month's earnings, and I have to rely on my parents.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
"Full year compulsory subscriptions are paid by ALL students whose 2006 enrolment commences from Semester 1. Students enrolling in Semester 1 only will be charged at the half yearly rate."

So does that mean we pay all of it, or only half?
I think they are meant to say that Student enrolling in Sem 2 will pay the 1/2 yearly rate.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
No, if you're a student who's skipping semester 1, then you are exempt from fees altogether. But if you're skipping semester 2, you will not have to pay the fee for the full year.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I heard that you can choose to pay the money to the building fund instead of the union. Is this correct? I would much rather do that than be supporting a union concept i am bitterly opposed too.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Rafy said:
I heard that you can choose to pay the money to the building fund instead of the union. Is this correct? I would much rather do that than be supporting a union concept i am bitterly opposed too.
You can do that, but in the end you still end up contributing to collectivism that benefits you even less than the union would. Personally I'm avoiding the SRC like the plague because that works actively to my detriment, but will join the union (some value for money is better than none) and maybe the sports union depending on whether I decide to be principled or not.

Just a thought.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I hate to distract from the political debate, but I have another question.

In 2004, I was able to pay my fees off in two parts, firstly at enrolment and then the rest within the next fortnight. Is this still possible? Unsurprisingly, the website doesn't seem to mention it.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
you guys would really consider deferring uni to get out of paying $250?
<3 retards.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Some people lead their lives by the strength of their convictions. If we aren't willing to stand up for what we believe, then what's the point of living?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
theyre not saying 'i oppose the concept of unionism entirely and am prepared to fight for VSU. Unis have no right to charge us this extra fee'.
They're saying "I don't want to pay $250 extra! I'm too cheap. That's it! I'm extending my degree by an extra semester just so I don't have to pay $250'

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
if you read what sportsgal said properly staz, you would see that she only wants to indicate a deferral now and just "un-defer" at the beginning of sem 2, like a loophole (if it works)

Edit: and without getting political with this unionism stuff (if it's even possible), $250 is alot to some of us. Not all of us but some of us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)