• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

feeling the crunch from year 11 (1 Viewer)

Mr.XClusive

HSC
hi im panicking right now cause in year 11 i didnt really pay attention in physics and chemistry and what should i do like now??? any tips? today i started summarising my year 11 physics: the world communicate. anything that will help me relearn the topic? any will do, webpages, pictures even educational videos im willing to do anything!!!!!

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Nothing really counts from year 11. Except for math.

Focus on year 12.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
You shouldn't be summarising Year 11 work unless you need it to reinforce what you're learning now. Year 11 content is not tested in the HSC exams. Rather, try summarising what you're learning right now.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Kujah said:
You shouldn't be summarising Year 11 work unless you need it to reinforce what you're learning now. Year 11 content is not tested in the HSC exams. Rather, try summarising what you're learning right now.
qft.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
With the exception of General Maths, 2U Maths, Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Kujah said:
With the exception of General Maths, 2U Maths, Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2
qft again :D. Only 30% of preliminary mathematics content goes towards the HSC. But for the other subjects such as the sciences and HSIE subjects, don't bother learning the preliminary content for the HSC, as it won't pop up in the final exams. Just concentrate on the HSC work that your currently doing, print out the syllabus and go through each dotpoint question and answer them.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
And do past papers and practice questions.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
QFT! (QED)

There are still heaps of assume knowledge that you must know about your course. Still it's not worth revising the whole yr 11 by taking notes or stuff, just re-read what you are weak at. That's it!

Zephyrio

HSC
You'll notice that only some concepts from the year eleven chemistry course translate into the year twelve course. These include endothermic/exothermic reactions, molar calculations, combustion, molar heat of combustion etc. The very important concepts. So if anything, if you come across these concepts in year twelve, just revise them fron year 11. Don't do the whole year eleven course again, because the majority isn't in year 12. I'm assuming this is the same for physics and biology. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)