• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Feeling overwhelmed (1 Viewer)

miss-smexy

HSC
I don't think I can finish my short story by the end of these holidays. I have to write around 6000 words still... >.< (excluding my reflection statement)

Sighh...

Anyone else in a similar position?

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Do you have most of the remaining story and it's structure in your head?

The worst thing to do is not write anything, the best would be to spit it all out then go over it. It's much easier to work with when you've got it all down and you just need to edit.

ninoshka

HSC
The worst thing you can do is not write anything. Just write all the ideas and possibilities that come to you. Before long you'll have heaps of options to choose from. Don't be too fussy either, you can edit/reword etc later...but that should help you with getting direction. :) and dont stress too much either :D ive been rewording mine for ever and now i feel like burning it lol. not long to go though =D

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
They are all absolutely correct. WRITE WRITE WRITE, even if it seems like crap writing. Just get it out. (I prefer to do this long hand, for some reason.)

THEN, when you have done all that, type it up and begin the editing process - add, remove, change words, refine, get your first reader to check it and so on. Don't feel overwhelmed, take it step by step and soon you will find you have 8000 words and have to cut it back.

Hope that helps. (Take it from me, I'm working on novel 3 and have my first reader chomping at the bit saying she wants to know what happens next and I haven't worked that out myself yet! Talk about pressure *giggle*)

niminous

HSC
yeah feeling exactly the same.. beginning to wonder if i should just drop it.. the problem is i have too many ideas!! i cant stick to one. i don't think im gonna get finished :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)