Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Li0n said:
YOu are almost as stupid as that dumb indian mining faggot guy
I love you too!

Originality said:
Soo. how do they insult u?
Like I heard they totally call you a slut and stuff.

Last edited:

acoc

HSC
I had my interview yesterday,

it went great and it was a lot more relaxed than I thought it would be, they're very nice people to talk to and they gave some great advice.

I wish you all the best of luck.

mhhmhh

Biology and physics lover
HSC
you know how they have the HSC plus points, does it matter since i am applying thru FEAS. and also, what happens if u are applying thru both Education Access scheme and FEAS? any hints let me know.... thanks

KD

HSC
N/A
HSC plus does not count. It is contained within the FEAS process instead. The 88 cutoff for FEAS is the 'raw' UAI.

mhhmhh

Biology and physics lover
HSC
is it true that if my interview is really good, but i get a uai of 76, i get in? or is it just for people who think they will get a very low uaisuch as 75?

21st.100

HSC
HAHA, So the 88 expected cut off they have set is just 2 make ppl study harder and crap...
In reality is the acceptance UAI lower...
It better be lol...
Who is wearing casual clothing like jeans or is every1 wearing black pants ...
I mite wear black pants and a deep wine red shirt....i m not 2 sure...Kinda Weird..
Who has a CV made...I m gonna take my achievements folder but if every1 is gonna make a CV ill make a quick 1 2morro morn b4 the interview.

Cheers

KD

HSC
N/A
mhhmhh said:
is it true that if my interview is really good, but i get a uai of 76, i get in? or is it just for people who think they will get a very low uaisuch as 75?
The interview is just part of a re-ranking system for UAC.

The University tells UAC how many places they have and then UAC fills those places using the following order:

UAI 88-100 - Order is by UAI rank
then
UAI 75-87.95 - Order is reranked based on a new combined interview, individual maths/eng/science marks and UAI mark.

You do not get in just based on the interview. All it can do is lift you up a bit in the rankings. If, for a course, all the places are filled by students in the 88-100 range then they won't take anyone from the 75-87.95 range.

KD

HSC
N/A
Musk said:
Well its a bit strange since all unsw spots are filled in the late n final rounds
Not true. The only students accepted in the late rounds are those with UAI's above the published cutoff who have changed their UAC prefs since the first round.

Originality

HSC
Has anyone been informed if they made it??
i thought we'd hear it around now, or is it after the uai comes out?

sonic1988

The Rookie
HSC
i think they will let us know when the hsc result came out. But, last friday, i got a letter from unsw, they said "they was enjoyed meeting you and having the opporrtunity to discuss your career options and interests at your recent interview for UNSW FEAS and would like to wish you all the best for your studies and success in your forthcoming exams." Then they re inform how FEAS as well as the introduction of new course call Dip SET. Did any one recieve that letter from unsw too?

Originality

HSC
i received that. Upon receiving it i got excited wanting to noe if i was accepted cause i thought i heard arount october they would inform us if they'll accept or decline.
Then just to find...
the info i already knew

Ozza

HSC
Oh yeah, the DipSET bs...

They told that to me and this other guy I know, it's some course than you can do if you're too dumb to meet the UAI you need, and it's basically a 12 month intro into engineering, but it's at a much lower level, it adds 12 months to your degree, but because of the stuff you learn, it can also make it six months shorter...

inevitably 6 months longer though... Dunno why they threw that crap at me though, I've got band 6s in physics and maths but the only thing going against me is I'm barely passing english adv (at 55%) Which is why I was tryna tell them that I thought the FEAS scheme was buitl for people like me... clearly they didn't agree and told me I should do this whatever it was course to 'catch-up' to everyone else's level

But as they were telling me, I was the only student applying for electrical engineering there... which sorta makes me nervous, which is rather unusual; does that mean every other engineer wannabe is a lot smarter than myself?

I'd say so :p

Last edited:

Ozza

HSC
Yeah, I think DipSET is a half good idea, but only for the people who really have the marks that look like they mightn't be that strong in any sort of engineering course. (i.e. my friend that applied for Feas that does gen maths, stan. english and no science courses)

Lol, why is the dropout rate that bad?... they never tell you these sorts of statistics in school.

acoc

HSC
Musk said:
UTS had subjects where you can do the degree and slow down the intensity of the course without such bullshit
Why dont't you just go and make an "I love UTS" thread? seriously, this thread is about UNSW's FEAS, all you've been doing is telling everyone how much superior you think UTS is and how this process is bullshit.

I know someone who's doing general maths (rather poorly) and coming second last (out of 50) in Physics, yet he wants to be an engineer, can you honestly say that he can be an Engineer? I don't think so, he has showed a lack of talent and knowledge in the two most relevant subjects to Engineering, yet you make it sounds that everyone can do it...

As for the DipSET, I think its a great Idea for people who trully do lack the marks required, how do you find it an insult to engineers? You make it sound like every second Joe can be an engineer. Which definately isn't true.

KD

HSC
N/A
Musk said:
KD is yet again mis informed

On average unsw has only 50 spots left for late round offers

UNSW dont say how many final offers it has
KD knows a lot more than a UTS undergrad.

acoc

HSC
First of all, Musk, you call me stupid and ignorant but you cant get your argument accross without "fucking cunt fucking fucking idiot cunt fucking fucking" how about you "fucking" grow up?

Musk said:
For your fucking information, each fucking uni has its advantages and disadvantages, your fucking doing your HSC
No shit each uni has its advantages and disadvantages, I was in no way saying that UNSW is in some way better than UTS because as YOU staed I'm "fucking doing my HSC" I was simply trying to understand why you lurk in the UNSW Engineering forum trolling every thread you can find, talking about how much superior UTS is to UNSW, does anybody really care what a UTS student has to say about UNSW? Obviously you're biased towards UTS, how can anyone take you seriously if you all you can do is boast about UTS's superiority? Once again, grow up.

Musk said:
your fucking unaware on average Mechanics of Solids ( a second yr uni subject has a failure rate of 40%)

There are unis that fucking offer subjects every semester while at unsw; Mechanics of Solids is only offered once a yr you stupid cunt, you fail it you wait a year and of course your not fucking smart enough to realise that mechanics of solids is the foundations for 4 subjects after.
But hold on, were'nt you the one that was saying that you need to be dedicated to engineering to succeed in it? If by dedication you mean failing a subject, then how does this support your argument? If you really were dedicated then you would have passed it anyway, and if you failed it, according to you, you can't be an engineer due to lack of dedication. What a waste of server space.

Musk said:
Everything connects, not a bunch of random subjects mixed into one.
Geeze are you for real? damnnn, there I was thinking that the subjects in a single degree wouldn't have anything to do with eachother! Thats a great piece of information right there.

Musk said:
Why think you know something when you havnt done a single subject?
Where are you getting this crap from? Have I stated anywhere that I know anything more than any other HSC student? NO, I'm just pointing out that you're a biased UTS fanboy who obviously had some bad experiences with UNSW so you use that to troll UNSW threads. By reading that you can soo tell that I am boasting about my extensive uni knowledge. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Musk said:
Thats because I KNOW STUDENTS WHO DID NOT DO PHYSICS AND DID GENERAL MATHS that are getting fucking D's, its not about the fucking grades you idiot, its the commitment in what you do and how you do it.
So by that you mean that we should give every Joe a go at engineering regardless of his grades, and hope for the best?

Sounds like a crock of shit to me, the whole idea of FEAS was so that they can filter out the students who had no background to engineering whatsoever, the interviewers told me that they had so many students drop out after first year because they simply couldnt cope with the work, and surprise surprise, guess what subjects the majority of those students did for their HSC? Ones which have absolutely no relevance to Engineering. This seams very logical to me, I don't understand how u can't see it,

UTS also has a similar scheme do they not? But a lot of people head straight to UNSW because of the diverse range of courses. As an example, oh mighty UTS doesn't offer the course that I want to do, meaning that myself, and others in my situation have no alternative but UNSW. What is your point?

Musk said:
You are by far the most stupid 07er i have ever meet.
And you are by far the most arrogant person I have ever met, stupid? You know what I think is stupid? Spreading your love for your uni in the wrong places, I'm not sure if you have realised it, but just because you go to UTS it doesnt make it the best place ever.

Musk said:
James Ruse students fucking drop out from UNSW engineering courses because ITS ABOUT HAVING THE PERSONAL SKILLS TO SUCCEED NOT THE ARROGRANT KID WHO IS SMART BUT NEVER TURNS UP TO LECTURES OR DOES TUTORIAL QUESTIONS
Wow, you actually managed to say something useful without slipping in something about the superiority of UTS, I'm impressed, keep up the good work. But again, you say this as if I don't understand that, ofcourse its not all about marks, but I have already mentioned that by your theory, we should let everyone study engineering? Check what I said above incased you missed it :)

Musk said:
UNSW has slow pace subjects however you gotta do them over summer as their maths 2 subject is offered once a yr.
When will you get the message? I am not saying that UNSW is superior, unlike you are with UTS. this quote seams like a perfect point in your upcoming UTS thread in the UNSW forum.

Musk said:
Give me your mates email, at least I can be a more positive role than what you are
Help my mates? I dont think so. All you would do is attack them if they threatedned your opinion on UTS by asking you about engineering at UNSW. UTS isn't the only uni that offers Engineering you know?

you're calling me stupid, yet you're freely supporting my accusations of you're unwanted comments on how crap UNSW is.

Musk said:
Off course no1 can be an engineer, its about the commitment in the degree. Statistically the ones who drop out are the ones who have 90uais or the ones with low uais, its the hard workers that wanna do it. If someone is interested with engineering but thinks hes not good enough however has the commitment to do it then HE WILL PASS
You are repeating youself yet again, you are saying all of this because I think a student who has no background in engineering and is driven by his fathers dreams wants to become an engineer? Again, refer to what I previously wrote.

Musk said:
The DipSET is stupid on the basis that you need credit average to be given a guaranteed spot and also your doing MORE subjects, fuck that means MORE money. 900bucks a subject next semester (and will reach the 1000 mark in 09) and think financially, your paying more off for your damn debt.
How is it stupid? It allows students who haven't done the appropriate subjects for their HSC an opportunity to gain the foundations they need for a degree in engineering? Sounds stupid indeed. And you're complaining about needing a credit average to be given a guarranteed spot? What are you on, if you can't get a credit average in the DipSET then how can you expect to be able to cope with an engineering degree? T

his coincided with you're reccuring point about dedication, if you really wanted to be an engineer you would take the DipSET seriously so you can pursue a carreer in engineering, rather than wasting the uni's time. And if you don't make it, I think it will serve as a pretty good reality check.

Failing 1 or 2 subjects is alot cheaper than doing an extra 4(min)

Does the average Bob have that much money?

Musk said:
Also the marks of entry is the same as a regular engineering degree, thus insulting.
No, you're wrong, the entry mark is a UAI of 75, which is a fair bit off the entry (direct) into engineering which is 88.

You will say that you can get into engineering through FEAS with a UAI of 75 but you're wrong, because FEAS is for people who perform strongly in relavent HSC subjects to engineering, whereas the DipSEt is for people who lack this background.

Musk said:
I did FEAS and your not aware of the marketing rubbish all univerisities do.
What marketing rubbish? How is FEAS marketing rubbish, it allows students who don't meet the cutoff but are suitable to egineering to pursue a degree in their field of choice. But let me guess, UTS's scheme is in no way rubbish, it is superior in every way to FEAS, right?

You seriously have some problems you should sort out, you shouldn't get so aggressive when someone bursts your little bubble, grow up and you shouldnt waste other peoples time by posting UTS fan boy crap in UNSW threads, how about start a new thread statint all of your opinions? I'm sure you'll get a lot of attention, which seams to be what you want. You say you want to help people but then you go and post a monstrosity like your previous post attacking someone based on no evidence whatsoever, good work.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
See, this is why most long terms members on this section forum ignore Musk. He will eventually jump off the UTS building like that other person. :)

acoc

HSC
Musk said:
Honestly you are a waste of time and server space, I will not bother to argue with someone as low as you.

This thread is about UNSW's Faculty Of Engineering Admission Sceme as indicated by the thread title "Feas" If you don't have anything worthwile to contribute (no, boasting about UTS doesn't count) then please make your way to http://community.boredofstudies.org/207/faculty-engineering/

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Musk said:
I already made you a fool here my credability is much higher than yours. Maybe you should enroll into unsw asia
How that has anything to do with credibility I don't know. I said I picked my course for the money. If there is less demand I will change fields. What is your point?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)