Favourite soccer team!? (1 Viewer)

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
Club:
- Al Ansar (Lebanon). Because I'm Lebanese and Ansar are from Beirut (where I was born.
- Al Hilal (Saudi Arabia). I also have some Saudi background in me and I use to live there before i came to Oz. And Hilal is from Riyadh, where I lived.
- Real Madrid. First watched them play in 1996, when i was 9. Started supporting them since then.

National:
- Lebanon
- Saudi Arabia
- Australia

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Funny how everyone here just glorily hunting follow glory-hunter clubs. Everyones either Arsenal or ManU or Real or Juve. Occasionally you come across a West Ham fan, or some true blue Leeds fans, but seriously, stop glory hunting.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Bookie said:
Funny how everyone here just glorily hunting follow glory-hunter clubs. Everyones either Arsenal or ManU or Real or Juve. Occasionally you come across a West Ham fan, or some true blue Leeds fans, but seriously, stop glory hunting.

Bahahaha. I must admit I did support Arsenal initally because of Bergkamp and Overmars(it's the part Dutch in me) so I probably do count as a bandwagonner, but I don't understand why people hate on the glory hunters. If anything I'm happy people are taking an interest in the game and trying to get into it.

The more the merrier I say. Stop the snobbery!

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
if you have no geographical allegiance with a team as most people here don't, how else will one choose a team to follow other than by appreciation of their play? This more often than not is directly proportional to the team's performance. As Rayanaldo said, a band wagon jumper is one who follows the flavour of the month, jumping ships when their team loses. People who decided to support Arsenal or Man Utd or Juve and stick by their choices (often made when they are young) are not bandwagoners. Someone who supports West Bromich Albion for no particular reason other than despise for the support of major clubs is not superior to someone who supports Manchester United for all his life.

Last edited:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Thing is, I don't mind the people who change their allegiances like they change underwear. As long as they love the game or are trying to get interested in it I have no right to feel superior to them.

Share the love.

maniche

HSC
man its obvious that F.C Barcelona are the best.
they dnt have as much star studed players as real madrid but they syill were 10 points ahead in the primera liga ladder.
with the mistro RONALDINHO pulling the strings they went to win the cup.

btw, for really good soccer clips, compilations, commercials go to www.soccerclips.net
and for all the Ronalidnho fans go to www.ronaldinho10.com

VISCA EL BARCA!!!!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Hmm.. I have to disagree with you maniche. Barcelona are probably play the most attractive football in Europe, but their players have arguably far more star power than Madrid's collection of pensioners. Zidane, Figo and Carlos were all well past their used-by dates, Beckham's approaching that used-by date, Owen was barely played, Ronaldo was still reliable but ultimately also past his best. Raul... ha!. Robinho will take some time to adapt to the new league, so I think much of the early impetus will be on Julio Baptista to form a partnership with Ronaldo. The only area I can see where they might be better than Barca is in goal.

niall045

HSC
maniche said:
with the mistro RONALDINHO pulling the strings they went to win the cup.
I believe that the word may have need maestro that you were looking for. no matter. roma are my babys. then you got arsenal, fiorentina, sydney fc and sevilla. only a couple i know.

maniche

HSC
Hey benny, i think u make a very logical point, however i only made my statement based on the assumption that before F.C Barcelonas revival occured, i would hardly hear of them in the world game. it was always Real Madrid and Ronaldo and Zidane and so on.
Plus i've been hearing rumors Chelsea wanted to buy Ronnie. Do u know anything bout this?

And niall045, thanks for the correction. :) (but is still wont make ur roma baby's better than Barcelona LOL)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
well ronnie, deco and larsson(maybe) were already mega stars, and the likes of etoo, giuly, puyol,xavi were very established star players

of course chelsea wants to buy ronaldinho , just like they also wanted sheva, adriano and henry, but no one at those clubs in their right minds would sell them to chelsea, despite the 60+ Mil offers,

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
im a hoops fan, a poor soul who picked a club from scotland to support

and now strachan has come to the club to mess us up

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
im a hoops fan, a poor soul who picked a club from scotland to support

and now strachan has come to the club to mess us up

It's not so bad. Now that you've got Aliadiere. Should run rings around the SPL defenders.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
HeCtic said:
It's not so bad. Now that you've got Aliadiere. Should run rings around the SPL defenders.

Fucking great.

jeez, he coulda stayed longer, bided his time. hes a great playa, he would have played well alongside hartson and sutton.

even tho Aliadiere should have waited it out a bit, gordie is still a cock. Brought in the best players, hasn't he? Virgo, Telfer... hadn't even heard of them before they joined up. thank god he brought in nakamura, otherwise the transfer window has been a waste of time.

i stuck up for strachan when southampton sacked him. thought it was harsh. but he is a shite manager

bring back martin o'neill

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Virgo was a star player at Brighton, and Paul Telfer haha, bit of a journeyman. Still a bit horrible for JA to go all the way up there just to pick up a few splinters from the bench.

Nakamura is class though. Would love to see him in the Premiership one day.

I also agree with matt. Now all we need is a Rangers fan in here.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
I also agree with matt. Now all we need is a Rangers fan in here.
We agree on things too much these days....Its not really normal for an Arse fan and a Utd fan to do that. I think that I liked it better when we used to have multiple page arguments every few days :D.

Edit: I'm surprised that we don't have any hardcore Real or Barca fans here either. I know that we have a few supporters of Serie A though.

Last edited:

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I'm a harcdcore supporter of any football league, but in order of favourites (the big European leagues), it goes Barca, Milan, Liverpool. Everyone else can die (especially Real Madrid).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)