favourite jewellry (1 Viewer)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
we've got nat's recommend me a necklace, and another thread to show off your purchases on ebay, so i thought why not have somewhere to post up pics of your favourite pieces of jewellry.

i'll start it off:
bracelet i bought a couple of weeks ago
ring i got off my bf for my 18th
another ring, dad got it for mum as a friendship ring when they were engaged. it doesnt fit her anymore, so i tried it on today
necklace and bracelet that i chose it out of my grandma's jewellry after she passed away
necklace from my other grandma
necklace from my mate for my 18th

Last edited:

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
im not going to post pics, but i have a lot of jewelry accumulated over the years.

a tiffany open heart pendant
a jade bangle from china
diamond and silver bracelet
coral and gold ring
a tiffany small starfish pendant
white gold diamond and emerald ring
tiffany paloma daisy bangle
18th link bracelet (engraved by friends)

and more that i cant be bothered to note. but yes i have a collection that i hope shall grow in the near future (when i have a job and money).

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
I have heaps of favs but my most fav ones are:
- Karen Walker Tusk Necklace
- Tiffany Silver multi-chain Heart Bracelet
- Gold Damselfly earrings with small chains and beads
- Silver multi-chain Tree of Life Necklace
- My great grandmother's huge amethyst ring
- Mimco drop charm Necklace

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
I've been looking alll over for this watch that I saw in a magazine but ran several google searches under its name "Seiko Stealth" but couldn't find it until tonight. What do you all think?

http://www.seikousa.com/Product.aspx?productId=141

I was hoping it would be a "kinetic" watch, ones that don't run on batteries but rather your body's natural energy. Unfortunately it isnt, but I still want =D

Tiffany jewelry always have the logo - T&CO which I always read as Taco.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I only wear gold and diamonds, it sounds snooty but my mother never let me wear any of the cheap shit when I was younger and I guess its kinda stuck with me.

Ive been given heaps over the years by my friends, boyfriend, family and whatnot, but my mother passed away recently so now I have like $30 000 worth of her jewellery, I kid thee not. I don't wear it much though, some of its a bit heavy for a 20 year old and if I lost any of it Id have my own neck. The only thing I wear of hers is her eternity ring (5 bezel set big honking diamonds) and a necklace. I wear a bracelet, 4 other rings and 2 sets of earrings but they're all mine.

One day I'd love a tiffany piece, but I don't really like the Elsa Perretti hearts cos well, you can buy them at Diva haha, nah they're just not really that nice, I like the Atlas stuff and I REALLY love Paloma Picasso's Loving Heart bracelet. All in good time though, Im happy just to look around the store!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
AlleyCat said:
im not going to post pics, but i have a lot of
diamond and silver bracelet

They put diamonds and silver together? Isn't that a bit of a contradiction?

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
if i knew how to use my camera properly i would post pics but...
my 18th birthday present: 18carat gold ring with 3 white opals & 4 diamonds!!! (we got it half price :p)
my $18 elephant ring that i found in kiama
2 of my mum's bangles, one with a 60s design on it, the other with orange flowers, hand painted
my mimco bangle i got from my beautiful friends for 18th
and a cuff that i got from bondi. its silver...and stuff :)

HSC
N/A
Personally...I like the jewellry that I make...ranging from earrings, bracelets and necklaces!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Ms 12 said:
They put diamonds and silver together? Isn't that a bit of a contradiction?
i dont know what you mean. silver and diamonds look very nice together, tiffany&co used to do it all the time for engagement rings before they started using platinum.

on the bracelet i have the silver is in the shape of a little ivy vine, with a little diamond in the centre of each leaf. its very pretty, maybe ill post a pic later.

and i know what you mean about t&co knock offs, it is a shame, but if you buy a real one you realise how different it is and you will become addicted as i have. i now have three tiffanys pendants and three bracelets.

www.tiffanys.com

knock yourself out ;)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
hmmmm
what do you guys (girls rather) think about jewellry on guys?

yay or nay?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
mr_brightside said:
hmmmm
what do you guys (girls rather) think about jewellry on guys?

yay or nay?
i think yay but it really depends on whether its nice or not. that sounds like a stupid thing to say, but some of the things my brothers used to wear, they were just so earthy and gross. but a nice watch is always classy, as can simple cuffs bracelets and neclaces.

too much jewelry on gyus can sometimes remind me of rnb or the sopranos...not too hot.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
AlleyCat said:
i think yay but it really depends on whether its nice or not. that sounds like a stupid thing to say, but some of the things my brothers used to wear, they were just so earthy and gross. but a nice watch is always classy, as can simple cuffs bracelets and neclaces.
fair enough...that said..i dont wear watches...and i dont wear necklaces anymore

I might try a new ring though..I used to wear one all the time when i was like 10 :eek:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Tiffany used silver in engagement rings?????!!!! How long ago was that?

I was just enquiring about the silver and diamond things because, I don't know, Ive never personally seen something silver set with diamonds (white gold or platinum for sure), but silver is such a cheap and plentiful metal I just thought diamonds were reserved for the more precious metals.

And theres no way Im debating the beauty of tiffany, Ive spent many days in there looking around, Ive bought bookmarks as graduation gifts (uni that is, too special for high school :p) and crystal for a wedding present, hopefully for christmas my partner will take the hint and buy me the atlas gold pendant I want, but I don't buy my own jewellery so it will probably remain a dream for a long time!

However as far as Tiffany engagement settings go, yes the diamonds are spectacular, but you can get spectacular diamonds in a lot of places in Sydney if you know where to look....I couldn't personally justify paying Tiffany prices for an engagement ring when I know I can get something exactly the same quality for half, even a quarter of the price. Just me though.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Ms 12 said:
However as far as Tiffany engagement settings go, yes the diamonds are spectacular, but you can get spectacular diamonds in a lot of places in Sydney if you know where to look....I couldn't personally justify paying Tiffany prices for an engagement ring when I know I can get something exactly the same quality for half, even a quarter of the price. Just me though.
i know what you mean, but its just the prestige of the tiffany engagements that people are willing to buy for ridiculous prices. like birkins ;).

and i was COMPLETELY wrong about the tiffanys silver engagement rings, they never did that. i got confused. i think i meant white gold...:eek:

anyway, my bracelets not white gold its definately silver, but i think it was made by some prestigious jeweller, it was my grandmothers before she died. its really very pretty, and my great grandmothers name was ivy, so its rather relevant and special.

good luck on the atlas hinting. i love atlas, its one of the nicest collections.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I can't say I'm into wearing jewellry, but when I do wear it it's usually something that has sentimental value for whatever reason, such as this little chain with a teddy bear on it from my first boyfriend, a silver bracelet I got from my high school homeroom as a leaving present, and a claddagh ring and necklace from my relatives in ireland.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)