Favourite item of clothing (1 Viewer)

Lennie

kat_in_a_hat88 said:
Hmmmm...where are some cheap places for bikini shopping?
Haha. Around the beaches??? Nowhere :p I dont know about you, but I rarely see somewhere around here selling bikinis for less than $70.

Your better off checking out sales, or factory outlet places, or get a job at a swimwear store... other then that, prepare to spend big...

Lennie

Wait actually.. just to add to that ^^

There is the 'surfactory' outlet store, opposite manly selective that always has bikinis between $20-50... there are a few nice ones, but most are the generic 'billabong' and 'roxy'.

You would be better off starting to buy now, all the good ones will be gone when it gets closer to summer.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
kat in a hat - if you ever go to QLD, go to all the surf factory outlets there.
i got a really nice Billabong bikini for $20, rrp $65.
but im sure Kmart and BigW and Target and Best and Less have cheap bikinis.

but i always get expensive bikinis. the more you pay, the better quality. my Jets bikini ive had for two yrs. the colour hasnt run or faded and its the bikini i live in during the summer, so its always in the sun and salt water, and the occasional chlorine pool.

niall045

HSC
bubz :D said:
what's your favourite item of clothing, or clothes you've gotten the most wear out of coz you love it so much?
My favourite thing is my dads old leather riding jacket. i found it in our garage n very cool. i look like peter fonda when i wear it.

Always

HSC
Most worn item: Sass & Bide Misfits. Loved them and wore them to death in winter. But now every girl and her dog has a pair :rolleyes:

Fav. item: Can't choose!! I have too many items that I adore, especially all my dresses and shoes. <3

To all the guys out there: Stop with the pink already!! Please. I can't even wear pink these days because I blend in with my guy friends. Haha, not cool. :) Not to mention most guys don't pull off pink very well. It's such a laugh to see big, buff guys wearing baby pink polo shirts. What the???? :confused:

HSC
N/A
Found this fantastic dark navy blue blazer with double front buttons...but that was just as spring was coming in...remorse for not finding it prior to the season change...but it's good that this weather is so capricious that I can wear it from time to time!

HSC
N/A
Well fashiony stuff usually works on "asian guys"...depends on how good looking you are though! Yes! Retro! I love my big Christian Dior sunnies that were my aunties from the 80s!

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
kat_in_a_hat88 said:
Yes! Retro! I love my big Christian Dior sunnies that were my aunties from the 80s!
same here......... i love my christians luve them love them luve them love them luve them love them

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Always said:
It's such a laugh to see big, buff guys wearing baby pink polo shirts. What the???? :confused:
i find that really REALLY sexy lol all the more sexy if they are buff mmmm *drools*

ive just been looking at the sportsgirl site and they've got heaps of silk dresses out. they're absolutely gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but where the hell can people wear them? i live in my jeans when i go clubbing coz they're so comfortable, i'd never wear a dress.

unless girls went to lots of sunday brunches, i dont see their use??? correct me if im wrong

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
grk_styl said:
ive just been looking at the sportsgirl site and they've got heaps of silk dresses out. they're absolutely gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but where the hell can people wear them? i live in my jeans when i go clubbing coz they're so comfortable, i'd never wear a dress.

unless girls went to lots of sunday brunches, i dont see their use??? correct me if im wrong
you forgot late walks on the beach or in hyde park!! i mean you can wear SILK anywear ;-]

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
slogan shirts eat a dick

i found my ultimate skinny leg jeans, soooo much more comfortable and flattering than my supatubes and now i wear them like allll the time

i really want this, i think it's adorable:

i'd either have to wear it with hiiiiigh heels or over jeans (or both) tho

Collin

HSC
N/A
Got a really nice Pierre Cardin business jacket last week:

Was about $400. Super fine wool too, so it's really light and because it's still wool, it's ultra breathable.

Also got this $350 Blazer business jacket from Westfield Chatswood the other day, it's grey/striped. Best thing about this one is it's the most fitting off-the-rack jacket I've tried yet.. i.e accommodating shoulders + slim waist. Gf said I looked like a bouncer in it mwahaha, so it's pretty nice for going out too aswell as for work.. perfect for a Christmas party coming up.

Any other guys (I know I'll be hard pressed in this mainly female dominated area) into going out jackets/business jackets?

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
JKDDragon said:
Any other guys (I know I'll be hard pressed in this mainly female dominated area) into going out jackets/business jackets?
Me! I love that side of men's fashion. My dream is to make a pilgrimage to Savile Row. <3 Bespoke.

Nice jacket by the way, although, and this is a frequent gripe of mine, your collar looks a bit weird, but it may just be the angle of the photo, etc. And the sleeves seem a tad too long, as well. Make sure you treat it well, super fine wool can be delicate. And please don't go mad and get it dry cleaned everyweek, you'll make it go brittle. :(

Collin

HSC
N/A
Arvin Sloane said:
Me! I love that side of men's fashion. My dream is to make a pilgrimage to Savile Row. <3 Bespoke.

Nice jacket by the way, although, and this is a frequent gripe of mine, your collar looks a bit weird, but it may just be the angle of the photo, etc. And the sleeves seem a tad too long, as well. Make sure you treat it well, super fine wool can be delicate. And please don't go mad and get it dry cleaned everyweek, you'll make it go brittle. :(
YAY! Thanks, don't worry I only dry clean once every so often.. my main emphasis with jackets like this is not to get them dirty in the first place. :D

As for my collar, I don't think I had the collar tucked properly.. my bad :eek:

As for the sleeves, I actually had it reduced already at the tailors by about 2 inches.. just that I think I was leaning slightly to the right when that pic was taken (I injured my shoulder a few weeks ago), and this kinda made the right sleeve cover a bit of my right hand.

Glad to find another forumite into this sort of stuff!

kow_dude

HSC
Why do some people wear jeans that are so short that it shows their bum crack when they bend over?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
kow_dude said:
Why do some people wear jeans that are so short that it shows their bum crack when they bend over?
because they're stupid. or, they like the feeling of air between the cheeks. either way its not a good look.

*Minka*

HSC
For me it is a denim miniskirt which is the perfect length - not too short but not too long that I got in Croatia. It has little pleats at the front and a cute buckle and belt. It admittedly cost a lot of money - $100, but it is worth it as I get so much use out of it. I got it in 2003 and still wear it now. It is comfortable, cute and that perfect 'anytime' outfit. Whenever I feel an outfit is wrong anf looks crappy, I just put it on and feel cute again.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Pokute-san said:
SOCKS!!

I hate tight clothes, hot pink, revealing tops, tight jeans, tight pants, mini bloody skirts, denim skirts, boots, opened shoes, sandals, jewellery as an accessory, puffy jackets, [silk underwear], neck-hugging skivvies/shirts, stockings, furry jackets, white and translucent jackets, formal dresses (modern ones), singlets.

?
do you like ANYTHING? besdies socks?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)