Favourite Harry Potter Book (1 Viewer)

Which is your favourite Harry Potter book?

• The Philosopher's Stone

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • The Chamber of Secrets

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • The Prisoner of Azkaban

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • The Goblet of Fire

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • The Order of the Phoenix

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
hmmm i was gonna go for the 3rd one but i really like how the 5th one revealed so many things and the last few chapters were pretty thrilling if not as well written as the last part of the 3rd book :). Pretty close call for me but I think 5 edges it out abit

somechick

HSC
N/A
def. prisoner of azkaban. its so well written, as in its creativity not literature wise. I like it because its the book where sirius is introduced. ANd all these new magical stuff like the map and the knght bus.

persephone

HSC
I loved PoA. All the secrets and mystery and the twist at the end.... OotP and GoF was good too but PoA is the most critical of all the books thus far.

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
Ok...shamefully, CoS isn't even that well written, but I still have a soft spot for it in my heart because it was the first HP book I read (my brother was monopolizing the first book)

Having said that, I think PoA was probably the best of all of them if you're looking at them critically.

Danoz The Great

HSC
Mine was PoA. I thought GoF and OotF were written pretty crap, because she ran out of ideas and didn't care because by then she already had a fortune.

HSC
4 and 5 had the extra advantage of being further in Harry's school life, meaning Rowling was able to reveal more in them without ruining the whole storyline. If she had revealed these things in books 1 and 2, the series would have lost a great level of suspense and excitement. So its number 3 for me

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Prisoner, but GoF was pretty good too, and OotP revealed alot of the past too, which was great :)

Abraxus

HSC
i liked PoA the most cause harry find out more about himself, and we learn more about his family and their past aswell and why its relevant to his life. same with OotP, even though its not as action packed as the rest it reveals a shitload more about harry, and the depth of the plot of the whole series realy comes through.

the reason why you guys think CoS is a bit weak is maybe cause its the one where JKR got writers block and nearly had a breakdown over it.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
CoS was just damn confusing the first time I read it...the riddle and the voldermot thing was blagh....beginning was good though.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i actually loved gof, just for the sake of voldie returning to spice it up a bit. i was getting sick of all these half assed meetings with him. though poa is also good...but i dunno, i didnt like it THAT much...the movie sort of ruined my liking for it.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
didnt like GOF at all lol. The triwizard thing was boring...zzzz

djmattyd

HSC
I'm like most people, I think PoA was the best, but I thought OotP was almost as good too. Really hard choice between the two of them.

CoS was definately the worst though.

ishq

brown?
HSC
They are all pretty good! I guess, because of the variations in the size of each book (from 200-700pgs), content wise, they can't really be compared.
In terms of which one I've reread most times, it would be The Philosopher's Stone, but the one I most enjoyed reading the first time was Goblet of Fire.

Ah! Persephone's signature is so cute! I love Ron's new hair-thing.:D

kaylz

HSC
i love harry. except reading them stimulates my imagination too much and i end up having really intense dreams where i am harry and have showdowns with voldemort. i mean, i read alot, but for some reason they do that to me more than any other book.

djmattyd

HSC
kaylz said:
i love harry. except reading them stimulates my imagination too much and i end up having really intense dreams where i am harry and have showdowns with voldemort. i mean, i read alot, but for some reason they do that to me more than any other book.
Haha, that's so cute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)