Favourite band(s) (1 Viewer)

HSC
saves.the.day said:
omg I was about to write this almost verbatim

Yes I could not agree more. Pre 1985. You have it on the dot exactly.

Led Zep and Beatles are the two greatest bands. I would have to say in my opinion, Lennon and McCartney are the two most talanted song writters ever to grace our world.
as opposed to the innumerable composers that preceeded them for centuries?
you're a mong.

and hooray for mojo dude for recognising that his favorite band is not neccisarrily the best band in the world.

kirabolton

HSC
this is by far the stupidist thread, i mean honestly, how can you determine the best band in the world? It's a matter of opinion.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Well I couldn't make a decision between them but here are some suggestons:

U2
Red Hot Chili Peppers
R.E.M.
Led Zeppelin

Really ask yourself how many bands could mount a solo world concert tour (ever) - right there you have four (though R.E.M. wouldn't anymore Led Zep are even less likley to). I can only think of two others The Beatles and POSSIBLY Mick Jaggers band.

Alain

slivering87
HSC
N/A
Silverchair.....Emotion Sickness and Neon Ballroom, Diorama
Beach Boys- Pet Sounds
Lou Reed and the Velvet Underground
The Beatles
The Presets.....for some beats
The Dissocitaives....some of the purest music I have ever heard....dont judge their work by their singles....buy the album
You might wanna check out Midnight Oil and Nick Cave as well...Captain Beefheart for a laugh

Last edited:
HSC
addymac said:
Well I couldn't make a decision between them but here are some suggestons:

U2
Red Hot Chili Peppers
R.E.M.
Led Zeppelin

Really ask yourself how many bands could mount a solo world concert tour (ever) - right there you have four (though R.E.M. wouldn't anymore Led Zep are even less likley to). I can only think of two others The Beatles and POSSIBLY Mick Jaggers band.
honestly, that was the most vacuous post i have ever read on this board. absolutley none of that made any sense at all.

and as for the next dude, theres nothing funny about captain beefheart.

saves.the.day

HSC
kirabolton said:
this is by far the stupidist thread, i mean honestly, how can you determine the best band in the world? It's a matter of opinion.
Some of you are really too up-tight these days.

This is thread is done obviously in regalement. A moron would understand that the thread "a best band in the world" is only for dissipation and fun. Obviously it's all a matter of opinion and obviously, there is no "best band in the world" as "best" presupposes that no other band will be able to supersede it.

Lighten up. It's all in fun.

mcdickpants 2.5 said:
as opposed to the innumerable composers that preceeded them for centuries?
I believe the thread is titled "best band in the world" And i'm no Einstien but I do believe that composers and songwritters fall into 2 different categories.

If you would like my opinion on who I think is a talanted composer, you could have asked and I would have answered Johannes Brahms or Rachmaninov for his influence on music still today.

steph@nie said:
I was really expecting you to say Saves the Day... and then I was going to be all like.. nuh uh.

but you didn't, so good for you!
haha yes I was going through a phase, listening to them at the time when I signed up to the forums and that was the only thing I could think of that wasn't taken. My favourite band for the past few years though has been Something Corporate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)