Favourite band(s) (1 Viewer)

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
haha crap metallica albums include: St Anger, Load, Reload, S&M and Black. The only half decent thing they have released since the 80's was Garage Days.

the_atomium

Bastard Harbour Mastah
HSC
I try to listen to mettalica, but their songs are all just too short. And there is not enough guitar for me. BUT HEY THATS JUST MY OPINION.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
the_atomium said:
I try to listen to mettalica, but their songs are all just too short. And there is not enough guitar for me. BUT HEY THATS JUST MY OPINION.
how long do u expect songs to be

the_atomium

Bastard Harbour Mastah
HSC
I need at least two intros. And mettalica just can't provide that for me.

the_atomium

Bastard Harbour Mastah
HSC
Is there something about the concept of two intros that you don't understand?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
the_atomium said:
I need at least two intros. And mettalica just can't provide that for me.
Two intros, how the fuck can u possibly have 2 intros

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
But at what point is there a definite break in the music where you say okay intro 1 is finished and the second one is coming. Its all very well to call it sequence but this means nothing.

the_atomium

Bastard Harbour Mastah
HSC
You guys are all right. I completely turn my back on my opinion and love for the glorious musical occurence of two intros. Instead, I shall calm myself down with the soothing sounds of Natalie Portman's iPod.

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
You people are idiots.
If you play the record backwards, then the coda quite clearly becomes a second intro.

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
We still don't know what the fuck 2 intros are, if you're on some higher echelon of musical knowledge and sensebilities, then i am seriously asking you to divulge for the benefit of us commoners.

But wait did this not start with you suggesting that metalica songs are too short? Does that make you the person who goes to a mars volta concert and says "yeah it was good but they played too many songs" (based on the fact mars are known to play about 4 songs in 2 hours)

the_atomium

Bastard Harbour Mastah
HSC
I'm the guy who doesn't go to a Mars Volta concert because they are shit.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Buggdogg said:
We still don't know what the fuck 2 intros are, if you're on some higher echelon of musical knowledge and sensebilities, then i am seriously asking you to divulge for the benefit of us commoners.

But wait did this not start with you suggesting that metalica songs are too short? Does that make you the person who goes to a mars volta concert and says "yeah it was good but they played too many songs" (based on the fact mars are known to play about 4 songs in 2 hours)
Yes he/she certaintly is the one and same person, i though Metallica songs were decent length

the_atomium

Bastard Harbour Mastah
HSC
It's easy. When the first into is over, a second intro is played. Or, in reverse, the first playthough of the Coda (if present) becomes the first intro, and all following reverse codas become sequential intros. The two intros then become codas, although they actually might differ in content. Why stop at two intros I say. Why listen to the Mars Volta I say.

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
I wasn't advocating that you do listen to Mars Volta.

Thanks for the explaination anyway. I stand by my point, there is no such thing as 2 intro's. An intro is a stand alone entity. As such, the sequences you talk about become part of the body of music and can never be classified as intro's. The choice is this, the intro as you see it goes for the whole song, or any change in the music which you claim to be a second intro is in fact the beginning of the musical body.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)