S

Sheehan :)

So which one is it?..............personally mines is Full Metal Alchemist

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
hmmmmm very difficult question.........lol :p :p :p :p

got to be Love Hina for sure.

i dont know what happened to the anime though, i though the manga was much better.

OH shit and Rah_Xephon, have u heard the soundtrack for that?

Tune the rainbow and hemisphere (by maaya sakamoto) are like my favourite songs (but i think that was from the movie)

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
SAILOR MOON 100% !!!:D *see avvie* Tee hee... Yup Sailor moon was reason i got into anime too... Next..... Prob Full metal Alchemist and then Love Hina , Miss Rain, Chobbits and thats about it.... Hate hate hate Digimon, and Yugioh, and all crappy anime.... I prefer Manga of Sailor Moon anways Or any other of Naoko T works *especially the movies sailormoonr*

Amryllis

HSC
I saw a bit of Full Metal Alchemist from anime club screenings at UNSW. It's quite funny ^_^

My older brother is obsessed with Love Hina, he's got the anime and the manga in both Chinese AND Japanese.

I especially love Sailor Moon season 3, when they had the outer senshis. My fave character is Sailor Neptune coz she's so graceful, elegant and talented!! I'd love to be able to play the violin like her! I also love Season 5, when they had the Sailor Starlights. The whole guys turning into girls after transforming was a bit dodgy though.... Gender confusion!!!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
ooh ... comeon ... theres nothing wrong with yu-gi-oh. I love it ... been watching it the whole day, lol.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
I love anime! But i think my fav are the ones that most people seem to like:

Ghost in the Shell and Ninja Scroll.

I enjoyed the Cowboy Bebop Series (although the movie was a little stupid), Blood and Sin (i think because i have the pc games of it).

Hey. Is it just me, or is there very few anime movies released latily? As much as i like series, i tend to only buy stand alone movies. Hyper reviews heaps of them, yet i can never find them. I saw Escaflowne the movie at the shops, and that looks good, but i have never seen the series. Do you think it is worth buying anyway?

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
HSC
Yeah season 3 is good, But prefer The sailor Stars Series and the Movies the best, (movies are taken directly from Manga, rather than whole different production team who worked on the anime series which really puts Sailor moon in a waste of time money and space era of dumb cartoons.... Yes, the gender confusing but meh... the manga comics explains it :p I like Neptune and Saturn sailor Scout of destrcution muahahahah

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
lol i used to watch sailor moon on cartoon connection (i think that's what it used to be on) - lol
that's the only thing i ever watched that was anime, oh but initial D looks cool but i heard it was pretty shit

Amryllis

HSC
Bunny04 said:
Yeah season 3 is good, But prefer The sailor Stars Series and the Movies the best, (movies are taken directly from Manga, rather than whole different production team who worked on the anime series which really puts Sailor moon in a waste of time money and space era of dumb cartoons.... Yes, the gender confusing but meh... the manga comics explains it :p I like Neptune and Saturn sailor Scout of destrcution muahahahah
I haven't read the Sailor Moon manga. The artwork is so different! The anime is pretty dumb and really cheesy sometimes but I still love it. I've seen a couple of the movies but I don't remember much now... It's been too long!

I saw the Chinese dub of Sailor Moon and it was pretty close to the original, unlike the American version. The US one takes out so much the original flavour - it's been cut up to pieces and changed so much. They even drew in extra scenes to *attempt* to rescue the scissored plots. They even tried to make it education for little kiddies. "And... don't forget to take care of each other.." That's way too cheesy.

You probably saw the English version, that's why you reckon the anime is dumb. Because the English version IS dumb. =p

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
HSC
Amryllis said:
I haven't read the Sailor Moon manga. The artwork is so different! The anime is pretty dumb and really cheesy sometimes but I still love it. I've seen a couple of the movies but I don't remember much now... It's been too long!

I saw the Chinese dub of Sailor Moon and it was pretty close to the original, unlike the American version. The US one takes out so much the original flavour - it's been cut up to pieces and changed so much. They even drew in extra scenes to *attempt* to rescue the scissored plots. They even tried to make it education for little kiddies. "And... don't forget to take care of each other.." That's way too cheesy.

You probably saw the English version, that's why you reckon the anime is dumb. Because the English version IS dumb. =p
I have watched the English version yes, but also the Japanese with subtitles... MUCH better, i have seen a few eps of the Chinese dubbed... but dont really like the US Dub.... VERY crappy :p

Amryllis

HSC
Bunny04 said:
I have watched the English version yes, but also the Japanese with subtitles... MUCH better, i have seen a few eps of the Chinese dubbed... but dont really like the US Dub.... VERY crappy :p
I only saw the last episode of Sailor Stars in Japanese and it was without subtitles. I had no idea what they were saying. That was only coz they didn't have it in Chinese where I was renting the tapes. I reckon it's coz Sailor Moon was naked when she was fighting in the end (which I think is totally unnecessary - her clothes just disappeared for no reason). Too explicit for little kiddies watching it on TV =p

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
My favourite is Scryed, the animation is really nice and the characters + plot are really good. Also like Slayers, Excel Saga, Kenshin, Saber Marionette, Nadesico, Trigun, Tokyo Underground, Furi Kuri, Recca...

Sailormoon is alright too; like you guys have said the original version is so much better. Better music, storylines, acting. The dub wasn't so bad but then they changed the seiyuu (for the worst) after the 2nd series. Like the VA for Usagi's mother was the same for Sailor Neptune...not so good..

Amryllis said:
I especially love Sailor Moon season 3, when they had the outer senshis
I like Pluto. I think Sailormoon R is the best, esp. towards the end with the Black Moon Family! SuperS is not so good, and i haven't seen Stars.

Amryllis

HSC
Kazuya said:
I like Pluto. I think Sailormoon R is the best, esp. towards the end with the Black Moon Family! SuperS is not so good, and i haven't seen Stars.
Yeah, I quite liked the end of Sailor Moon R when the Black Moon sisters turned good! I haven't seen Super S and I heard that it's not good. But then again, I'm not too surprised since Super S is based on Chibi Moon. How interesting can the little brat be? I recommend Sailor Stars coz it's really good! :uhhuh:

TimeAndTide said:
Sailormoon started off as a hentai.
Are you sure? Didn't Sailor Moon start off as a manga series? I thought the hentai came later, because many anime series have hentai parodies and the sort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)