Fast study tips here!!!! (1 Viewer)

shaolin

shaolin
HSC
Hey guys, i graduated high school in 2005. Now at Uni,
Let me help by giving some advice on studying for the HSC.

First of all. Get a full copy of the syllabus of every subject you are doing. Answer every dot point there is on the HSC syllabus, make notes from the dot points. Read your text books about the dot points. The Board of Studies cannot give you an exam question that is not on the syllabus. If you follow my advice, i bet you will be fine for the exams. Trust me, i did that!.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
and you got what ???

i need some evidence before i trust someone from Cambelltown :)

P

pLuvia

Basically

Science Subjects: Get syllabus learn the dot points off by heart by or before the HSC commences, preferably for your trials
Maths: Practice past papers, questions. Alot of past papers, learn your formulae
English: Write lots and lots of essays, learn your techniques, learn your recommended amount of texts needed for each modules

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
a valuable thing for every subject:

in the lead up to exams ... do past papers!!! as well as revising the content.
past papers can give an indication of what questions are gonna arise in the test according to the trends in each exam.

eg:
maths 3u .. i usually see harder inequalities being tested .. and division of an interval but these questions are the 2 mark quetsions ... so i don't focus as much on it.

;)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
luscious-llama said:
Easy for you to say when you don't have VA.
Hey, that rhymes! [just being a little too observant :p]

Past papers generally will prepare you well for your exams because by doing them, you are accustoming yourself to the style of the questions, so that when you do your trials or HSC, and you encounter a similar question that you remember doing in a past paper, you will be in a much better position to score full marks for that question.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Any study is good study, nice tips and I am sure '06ers have already used these for their half yearly study!

thecraigmaster

HSC
can anybody help me with legal studies study tips because i m not really sure about the whole legal studies concept i dont like the subject at all do u think syllabus would help or text book or writing notes please help

bye a scared legal studies student having 1/2 yearly next week

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
thecraigmaster said:
can anybody help me with legal studies study tips because i m not really sure about the whole legal studies concept i dont like the subject at all do u think syllabus would help or text book or writing notes please help

bye a scared legal studies student having 1/2 yearly next week
I myself don't do legal studies but it might be wise posting this in the legal studies section get more responces to what you need. But you should be making dot point notes based on the syllabus, practice exam questions, read over notes etc.

samantha_s

HSC
lol funny

it makes sense though, my friend does something like that, too bad we only get one chance to see if it works

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
as soon as i wrote that... i realised that someone was going to point out that 1/2 of weststigers supporters are from cambelltown...

haha

i am proud supporting weststigers... but very glad i dont live there :)

shaolin

shaolin
HSC
Hey guys, i'm just trying to help you pass the HSC. It's not giving me any good. I'm just sparing time from Uni to post up my previous experience with the HSC. And by the way, I go to UWS at Campbelltown, but live at Bankstown. So, i'm not a Campbelltown. Lol.
If you find my advice is good, then go for it, if you find it useless, then disregard it.
Fair enough..

lala2

Banned
HSC
shaolin is correct. Ask this in the uni forums and any uni student would tell you so.

shaolin

shaolin
HSC
good luck with your studies people. Try not to stress out too much, because Uni is more stressful than high school/HSC. If anyone need help with Biology or Chemistry, just give post your reply question. I'll try my best to answer it.
laters....

thecraigmaster

HSC
shaolin said:
good luck with your studies people. Try not to stress out too much, because Uni is more stressful than high school/HSC. If anyone need help with Biology or Chemistry, just give post your reply question. I'll try my best to answer it.
laters....
hey i do bio can you explain the whole concept of dna for me with the amino acides and pyolotydies and stuff like that i have no idea and the techer just confuses me more

thanks heaps seeya (a confused bio student)

tennille

HSC
sando said:
and you got what ???

i need some evidence before i trust someone from Cambelltown :)
There is no need to be rude. By the way, it is spelt Campbelltown. :)

thecraigmaster said:
hey i do bio can you explain the whole concept of dna for me with the amino acides and pyolotydies and stuff like that i have no idea and the techer just confuses me more

thanks heaps seeya (a confused bio student)
What don't you understand about amino acids and DNA?

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Tennille they might mean polypeptide synthesis. It's part of Blueprint of life.

shaolin

shaolin
HSC
DNA replication and Protein Synthesis

DNA replication: Most simply: the double helix chains separate, therefore it reveals the bases along the DNA. The enzyme (DNA polymerase) then moves into position at the point where replication will begin.

Protein Synthesis: Only one DNA strand is needed to replicate. mRNA comes in and provides complementary units. Remember: A goes with U (not with T), C goes with G. After the mRNA completes it's job, it moves out. tRNA then helps the mRNA when it gets transferred to the ribosomes..........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)