Fashion Shoots (1 Viewer)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
So today, I found out that I won a Fashion Shoot with Vogue Studios at Paddington!!

I've never won anything before lol It seems like so much fun. It's something you'd never pay to do (unless u were a model or had lots of money).

They told me I could bring a girlfriend for $50 (original make-up/hair stylist price is $150 so that's a pretty good deal), or I can bring my boyfriend for couple shots and he gets in for free.

So has anyone done anything like this before? I need to get over my camera-shyness before I go lol

Skeeta

HSC
yeah thats something i'd check up on. Alot of people get a bit scammed by this, because the photo shoot is free (hair makeup etc) but then you have to pay ridiculous prices for the actual photos.

otherwise have fun, and go crazy!

salsydney

HSC
what if u were a lesbian? doesnt seem free you can bring a boyfriend for free, but a girlfriend u have to pay $50...

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
LOL well they're assuming that girls need make-up and boys don't etc etc.

um, well i guess if i don't wanna buy any photos i don't have to right? and if i do want to buy some I'll just get a few!

HSC
N/A
True. But warning: photo prices are EXTREMELY steep with the little ones costing about $50 if I recall correctly. A small package starts at about $200...

salsydney

HSC
grk_styl said:
um, well i guess if i don't wanna buy any photos i don't have to right? and if i do want to buy some I'll just get a few!
i know one girl who went to one of these things with a girlfriend of hers... and she did their shoot, then came home and took photos herself.. obv the photos arent as nice, but you do get nice pics with you all dolled up!

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
fashion shoots are extremely fun in general .. i did the vage i think if i can remeber ones last year.. it cost nuthing for the actuall make up and everything but the photos as someone said before start from 30 to 200 dollars but i think its worth it and such a great expereience
have fun

arrested development
HSC
My sister won one of these things once, and so our family had a whole bunch of photos taken. However, it was only the shoot that was free so we ended up paying hundreds of dollars for the actual photos (admittedly, they were very nice). So... yeah, I'd doubt that you'd not have to pay for photos either.

But have fun anyway! :p

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
yeh i just called and the guy told me there's no catch. if i want to buy the photos, i can, otherwise it's no problem.

i can imagine how expensive the photos will be. but i'll only buy a few just to recall the experience lol

salsydney said:
i know one girl who went to one of these things with a girlfriend of hers... and she did their shoot, then came home and took photos herself.. obv the photos arent as nice, but you do get nice pics with you all dolled up!
wat an awesome idea! thank u!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
my bf's dad sent him and email about a couples photo shoot for a cleo article. its meant to be black and white and "really tasteful and arty". i'd do it, but its a nude shoot (a "strategically placed sheet" but willing to bare boobs and bums)..but on the up-side, "The shoot should take no longer than an hour and a half and we can offer around $60 per person for their time".
sounds good and everything, but i so dont have the guts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)