Farrenheight 911 Notes (1 Viewer)

Owyn

HSC
I rented this today to hopefully use as an other related.... however im not sure if its possible to use. Im doing Frontline and i know we to support that with our ORM, but does that mean the personalities have to be media personalities? or can i extend it to how different texts portray different personalities.

Also theres very obvious bias, tecniques and construction of truth used by Moore in the film, so can i use these tecniques to explore the ideas of truth, even thoe hes using them for something else entirely... such as when he has a picture of the president looking stupid and then states what hes thinking... although hes not using it to look at the truth, you could go on about how Moore is constructing his own truth through blah blah blah. Or arent we meant to do that.

btw, does anyone know where past band 6 answers for this stuff can be found?
- :)

jennylim

HSC
hi there,

i wrote a really really really long thing about the deceptive nature of fahrenheit 911. i did it in my leisure time (i know, i have no life) after seeing it and being infuriated. i don't do truth (i do powerplay) but what i wrote MAY have some relevance. it's like 4000 words long. lol.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
jennylim said:
hi there,

i wrote a really really really long thing about the deceptive nature of fahrenheit 911. i did it in my leisure time (i know, i have no life) after seeing it and being infuriated. i don't do truth (i do powerplay) but what i wrote MAY have some relevance. it's like 4000 words long. lol.
I love you.

jennylim

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
I love you.
haha...why? because i am a supreme loser who vents frustration in essay form, or because the essay helped? lol.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
jennylim said:
haha...why? because i am a supreme loser who vents frustration in essay form, or because the essay helped? lol.
Both.

You're far from loserdom. ;)

Owyn

HSC
Thanks heaps for this, it looks really good :) Just my luck thoe, i come back to this post just after ive finished doing it myself :( And ive got to agree with the stuff you say in that article, it is pretty horribly done, but some of the stuff is terrifing, expecially when you go to reliable sources which back up what he's getting at. Anwyays thanks again for actually responding to one of my posts :)

jennylim

HSC
haha no probs. glad u found it useful (if only a little bit). good luck!!

Husayn

Banned
HSC
"He shoots himself in the foot by continually rehashing the line that there is no terrorist link between Iraq and al-Qaeda "

I don't understand what you mean by this. There ISN'T a link? Are you implying that there is/was?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Husayn said:
"He shoots himself in the foot by continually rehashing the line that there is no terrorist link between Iraq and al-Qaeda "

I don't understand what you mean by this. There ISN'T a link? Are you implying that there is/was?
Of course there is a link. Click on the provided website addresses.

Husayn

Banned
HSC
There is no link between Saddam and al-Qaeda, they are ideological enemies. And there is also no link between Saddam and 9/11 - both have been proven to be false.

jennylim

HSC
soz, mate, what i meant to say is that he says there IS NO LINK (quite emphatically) and then trying to link the Saudis to Iraq and the Carlyle Group. he gets so carried away with himself. another contradiction is the: OMG troops are dying and it's shit and we need them home....OMG we don't have enough troops in afghanistan. yet another one: damn, i hate how they keep talking about the terrorist threat, it's FEARMONGERING...gee, they should warn us more about terrorism and 9/11 and they're not taking security FAR ENOUGH..

i got confused watching it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)