Fans of The Host by Steph Meyer (1 Viewer)

emmalinarina

yeh that's right. It's me
HSC
okay so I know there is already a thread about the Host on here but its kinda just full of people who are bagging it. So if you love the host, write something about it here. If you hate it - I fully respect your decision but can you respect mine and everyone else who loves it and not bag it out on here (or us for that matter)? Feel free to create your own thread for that or post it on the other host thread.

For everyone else....Ian or Jared? :)

I'm all about Ian :) :) :)

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
can't believe no one else has replied to this yet!

wait, no. actually I can believe it - no one else wants to get neg repped just for admitting they like something by stephenie meyer. :( (see my reputation? [EDIT: it was in the red when i wrote this post] yeah. because I said I liked Twilight. bloody hell.)

but whatever. i really liked the host, once i got past about the first third of the book (which was kind of tedious and I thought I wouldn't end up liking the book...but i did). i ended up liking it even more than twilight actually, it had more of an adventure subtext than twilight did. not that it was any better written than twilight, but since i didn't care too much about that to begin with, i didn't mind it in the case of the host.

oh - and jared. definitely jared. ;) wanted to hit him for quite a while but he turned out alright in the end!

Last edited:

emma-joy

HSC
i loved the host :)
but yes it took me a little bit to get into it after about the first quarter i then got addicted to it.
oh and deffs agree about jarred :D
peace out ;)
x

fallingstar

HSC
nah, i'd go for Ian with his "snow white skin, midnight hair and sapphire eyes"

i found the book hard to get into at first, but at the end it was rather... touching.

if there is a movie, i would cast cillian murphy for ian. he's got those brilliant sapphire blue eyes.

the ending was really left hanging; i hope there's a sequel. maybe an explanation of Burn's co-existance with the other group of humans...

a very different book; though with inexplicable and almost unconscious similarities and subtle links to twilight. did anyone else notice that?

Jaylee42003

HSC
I didn't mind The Host, found it got better as it went along.
But you really have to put your mind to reading it, or otherwise you'll put it down in the early ages of the story and keep procrastinating to pick it up again.
I hope there is a sequal.

greenie1113

Bone Saw is ready
HSC
the 2nd half was way better..it took a while to start
but i liked it..kinda

izzy88

HSC
I didn't mind the Host either. I thought it was definitely better than Twilight in terms of writing and plot (which isn't particulary difficult i guess :p).

Although I was slightly destroyed by the knowledge that she's writing a sequel :-( I think that could just ruin it.

greenie1113

Bone Saw is ready
HSC
I didn't mind the Host either. I thought it was definitely better than Twilight in terms of writing and plot (which isn't particulary difficult i guess :p).

Although I was slightly destroyed by the knowledge that she's writing a sequel :-( I think that could just ruin it.
i agree
i dont think its 'sequel material'
she should just leave it....its fine that way

Ammonsa

HSC
N/A
Wait, was this book actually good?

I may have to take a look at it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)