family law ppl pls!!!!help!! (1 Viewer)

shazabdazla

for family law essay, what did you talk about...i did essay (b)

did you talk about jurisdictional shopping re: art laws and same sex couples.....and did you use many media reports????

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Ive never heard about jurisdictional shopping? Why can't same sex couples buy art?

I talked about de facto couples, same-sex couples, adoption and legal definition of a marriage (using the Kevin case)

I used a bit of media, mostly statistics though

sugamama

Coldplay Fan
Originally posted by Ms 12
Ive never heard about jurisdictional shopping? Why can't same sex couples buy art?

I talked about de facto couples, same-sex couples, adoption and legal definition of a marriage (using the Kevin case)

I used a bit of media, mostly statistics though
I did the same but ALSO did
indigenous marriages
children and DOCS
property and children after relationship break up for all
hehe

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
you mustve had a long essay. I only had tome to do 4 issues in the detail that I like to do it in.

shazabdazla

hehe...yeah, i forgot to write about problems caused by jurisdictional differences in legislation.....(leads to jurisdictional shopping)....just wondering how many ppl wrote about it...

yeah, i spoke about divorce laws, the family court and fms, art legislation loopholes + surrogacy...., same sex couples, rights of children (really briefly), criticisms of docs (really briefly), alternative family arrangements (like two lines lol),

didn't talk about adoption! no...erm, did you mention R v McEwan (96).............?.................yeah i used re:kevin and jennifer...

did you assess in terms of equality, accessibility, enforceability etc for individual...blahblah?????

sugamama

Coldplay Fan
yeah it was pretty long...

yeah you talk about the key stuff in effectiveness and also for society which was the key. I just kept on saying how its similar for the individual/society as both want the same kinda stuff ie. resource eff.

But there are some different things like rights which I mentioned. Don't stress too much, as long as you nailed the key points you'll be fine and dandy. hehe dandy!

shazabdazla

yes, yes...dandy...lol i love that word...

yeah, i talked about for society and individual...oh yeah i also spoke about family violence...re:Jean Lennon ..

i think i covered most of the subject matter sufficiently...worried that it's written too incoherently and not logical order....

"i'm happy AND ANGRY!" - ralph eats too much sugar..lol...
WOOT unsw educational access cut off for law/business = 98.95...
BIG FRIKKIN DIFFERENCE!!!

- "incase you can't tell I'M BEING SARCASTIC"...-homer

shazabdazla

yeah..thanx....family was quite ok i guess.....besides we can't do anything to change it now....

....but i did struggle with world order...hehe.....nooo case studies...sorry...

Ringo

I did:
ATSI Customary Law Marriages and Same Sex Couples (as one paragraph, ended up being about 2 pages)
Violent Children
Parental Provision
Domestic Violence
Dissolution of Marriage

I used about.... 3 media articles if I can recall? and I had a report for each issue.

shazabdazla

...that's quite good, ringo....media reports really help you to evaluate by proving sides of an arguement using real facts..........i had a couple of two line reports...erm i think the aus. law reform journal, smh, and something else i forgot right now....also used facts about costs of family court and fms......what kinda other facts etc did you use??

oh yeah, criticisms from lone fathers accosiation about residence orders

sugamama

Coldplay Fan
OMG media reports rock!

I used 3 SMH articles on DOCS and fathers getting more custody and marriage/divorce rates.

hehe :) DANDY!

shazabdazla

...sugamama what school do you go to and what mark and position did you get....i just want to reassure myself that the people who made such extensive use of media reports etc. are exceptional (dandy?), not average students!!!!

...did you talk about ivf and surrogacy???

sugamama

Coldplay Fan
yeah i mentioned IVF and surrogacy at the end

I go to SBHS and ranked 1st in Legal.

Doubly Dandy! :)

Golani

used all these :p plus-
Hope and Brown v NIB Limited Health fund
W v J 1996
R v McEwen 1996
Commonwealth v Kevin and Jennifer 2003

and 1 more which i can't remember. For effectiveness there are literally tens of topics, the more the better, coz every issue which exists in family law can be used for either justice for individuals or society...

I feel relatively good about the essays :)

Ringo

lol I go to Macarthur Anglican and ranked 1st in Legal. But my Legal teacher doesn't like me ;)

shazabdazla

Originally posted by Ringo
lol I go to Macarthur Anglican and ranked 1st in Legal. But my Legal teacher doesn't like me ;)
don't you hate that! ;) ...your school is a good one isn't it...i wouldn't know, being from the bay...lol...

...erm here's some cases, legislation, + media i used...

Hope v NIB insurance 94, W v G 94, dunno if i used R v McEwan 96
..fla 75 (divorce + fc), flra 95, re:evelyn 98, re:kevin + jennifer 03, re:patrick, corbett v corbett 70, mat. causes act 59, pavey v pavey 76, re:jean lennon (smh), lone fathers association comments, crimes act 90 and 80's amendments re:sex abuse in marriage + advo's, children + yp (c + p) act 98, children (p + pr) act 97, minors (p + c) act 70, case in paris 01, status of children act 96, csa act 89, laustralian law journal criticisms, blah blah....i gess these kinda lists could go on forever right...

ones i forgot to use...b v b, m and m, grimshaw v grimshaw..crud crud crud...!!!

young_gurl

i talke about
hyde Vs hyde definition of marriage
divorce
AVO
rights of childs
parental responsibilities
legal aid
division of proerty
family court
homosexual couples shepheard VS shepheard
defacto
ex nuptial children
IVF treatments
surrogacy

shazabdazla

ok....here's my latest question...

golani, what school do you go, how is it ranked and what are you ranked....

i'm so worried about not doing well because i don't go to a great school (byron high)....so although i came first in my year (92%), the marking standards are probably lower, and i'm competing against generally less able candidates.....

what percentage of ppl who get 90+ do you think live in sydney, newcastle, etc...

Golani

i go to the worst school in the eastern suburbs lol
Vaucluse High (now called Rose Bay Secondary College), ranked 1st, pretty good marks (all 90 and over) up until the trials (83), for which i didn't study all too much.

dw about going to a bad shcool, there's nothing you can do about your school mates just yourself, if you went really well you'll get rewarded...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)