Fall of Rome- Vacillation of Pompey (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey guys,

Does anyone understand what the Vacillation of Pompey actually is? My teacher said if we're gonna talk about it, remember to throw in that Scullard was the source and that he talked about it, but i still don't understand what it is! Can anyone help?

-marilia- xoxo

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If my memory serves me right, Pompey's indecisiveness of which he was going to support?

I think it refers to the fact that Pompey wasnt really a great political mind and as such his political career seemed more of a ping pong from one side to the other merely being a spectator and sheep. Also it could perhaps refer to Pompey and his military alliances and breakups ?

Ill go check within scullard now.

The Bograt

boredofuni
HSC
I would say it refers to Pompey changing sides between the Optimates and the Populares, depending on who supported him. He did this through his whole career, I would say it's a good point to bring up in an essay on Pompey, and vacillate is a good word to use.

Magister

HSC
N/A
Pompey's Vaccilations

Hi, all!

I'm attaching a couple of files on Pompey, especially about his military commands and the illrgal powers they gave him. More to follow when I finish typing them up!

Best wishes for your study,

Magister

HSC
thanx sooo much Magister, the info's fantastic!! :uhhuh:
thanks for going through the trouble to get it~
-marilia- xoxo

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
wow that is so much more complete than i ever imagined!! this will help me heaps with my assignement on top of my other info i got :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)