Fake nails (1 Viewer)

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
anyone know a quick way to get fake nails off?

i had them put on for my formal a week ago but i dont want them for the hsc and they dont look like they'll be growing out for awhile..

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i heard that you're supposed to dip your fingers in acetone (nail polish remover) for a while and then peel them off..but i don't really know how well that works..just make sure they're actually loose before you start pulling them off!

edit: or maybe go back to the nail salon??

FreakTrigger

HSC
N/A
Try turps or petrol, just about any really harsh hydrocarbon or thinner will probably eat them straight off.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
no. dont try harsh chemicals. just cut them short and let them grow out until you get time to go back to the salon to have them properly taken off. you dont want to ruin your nails. also, dont try to peel them off, my mom tried and took her whole nail off too.

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
yeh i'll probably just go back, your right i dont want to ruin my nails anymore then they already will be after having fake ones. :) thanks

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
either rip the off, or soak your nails in pure acetone for an hour or two.
the acetone will weaken/thin the fake nails and they will easily come/rub off.
you can get pure acetone from chemists. or if you know someone who works at a hospital, ask them to get you some acetone.
acetone is also really great for taking off nail polish easily.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
mmm_sofay said:
either rip the off, or soak your nails in pure acetone for an hour or two.
the acetone will weaken/thin the fake nails and they will easily come/rub off.
you can get pure acetone from chemists. or if you know someone who works at a hospital, ask them to get you some acetone.
acetone is also really great for taking off nail polish easily.
yes but this fucks with the actual nail also. i think she should just go to the salon. its not worth it.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
the acetone didnt do anything to my nails, except made them a bit weaker, which i really liked, as my nails were easier to cut.
i hate having really strong/think nails.

HSC
You could do it yourself, but it's messy and it's not guaranteed to work. Most of the nail polish removers that contain acetone contain 5% or something ridiculously low and other than that you're just wrecking the top layer of your nail.

I'd recommend going to the salon, and getting their special dip and apparently you dip your nails in it and Hey Presto! they fall off.

I have no idea how much it costs, i dont have fake nails, hell i barely have nails - i'm a biter.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
The dip at the salon is just acetone......they'll soften them with acetone and then lift them with a metal thing until they come right off

shortie_689

HSC
Exactly the same thing happened with me had them for my formal and wanted them gone for the hsc...
Go the the place where u got ur nails done, usually it costs around $15 they will remove the acrylic leaving a thin layer to leave your nails remaining strong... They will shape them for you to an paint them to help heal your nails...
I suggest you do this cause sometimes the weak nail underneath when removed can be painful or plain uncomfortable an pressure from writing doesnt help so I suggest you get them removed professionally... it is beter for u and better for your nails

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)