Fairfield High Thing? (1 Viewer)

fckforever

HSC
Anybody going to that? I think it's like the one like last time, just people come in and talk to everyone about their majors.
This time i think theyre going to be talking more on the reflection statement or something..

i forgot to add, it's this friday.

J

jhakka

pungemo said:
Well I haven't heard anything about it. At all. Ever. So I'm probably not going to be going.
Has your school been to any of these things before? Your teacher may feel that the information covered in this one will be the same as the others, and that it would be pointless to go, or even mention it.

pungemo

HSC
That's probably the reasoning. We went to the James Ruce day, so if the content is similar our teacher probably didn't judge it necessary. I have assessment commitments anyway.

j-mo

HSC
We don't go to anything remotely similar; in fact, we don't even get TOLD about anything remotely similar.

We're in the middle of assessments at the moment, though, so I suppose I can't go in any case.

In other news - we have a report as our second assessment as opposed to a viva voce. The report is to be written in exam conditions. W.T.H. Ugh.

pungemo

HSC
Are you serious? An english extension 2 task under exam conditions is ridiculous! A' speech' puts the pressure on but it also allows you to express yourself and show interest. In contrast sitting someone down for 90 minutes and asking them to right just isn't appropriate for a subject that is entirely creative.

J

jhakka

Ouch, that's really nasty.

The problem with this subjct is that there are so many ways to interpret the assessments, which is why it is always important to talk to your teachers before taking any advice from this forum. :)

HinikuTheNinja

one helluva naughty ninja
HSC
I know this is a bit late, but I went to it, and it wasn't altogether terrible. For instance, I had no idea how to write my Reflection Statement before, and now I do. And further more, we tried to get our teacher a date. She was flirting rather heavily with John Turner, one of the speakers, who happens to be close friends with our deputy principal...

Anyway. Yeoch. A report written under exam conditions? Sucks to be you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)