Failing economics Help (1 Viewer)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
I decided to drop physics instead of eco and i feel like i screwed everything up..
Why?
- i'm amazing at writing essays in HSIE subjects so i wanted to keep at least one (have been commended by literally all my teachers)
- i' m good at memorising content and understanding content (or so i thought)
- i wanted to understand what tf they were talking about in the news and also to understand how the economy works because we live in it and u can't be very succesful if u don't know stuff like that

Im not failing eco just yet, our first assignment was a research task thing so I did good in it.
However:
- I can't understand a lot of the content when i try reading my notes cuz my mind just goes blank
- Trying to memorise statistics is much harder than I thought- and theres so much to remember from everywhere
- Studying this subject is too much of a time investment and i feel like my other subjects just aren't getting enough time if I try to study economics (Even though I am only doing 10 units)
- I didn't really study eco much in y11 because i was planning to drop this instead so maybe this is why I'm struggling?? But I understood all of the key concepts so idk if its worth revising y11 content.

Wish i could go back in time rn

aulinia

HSC
Maybe try getting an economics tutor? U still have the potential to succeed in economics, and ur even able to recognise ur own strengths in the subject. I don’t study economics myself, but remembering content in HSIE subjects is often hard, if you don’t understand the notes you should try studying a different way (for example, visual learning by making mindmaps, flashcards) in a way that suits you.

aulinia

HSC
I can't get a tutor...
Honestly still fine, if ur class is small maybe u could ask ur teacher to explain concepts to u? Or even then, there are youtube channels that explain concepts that you might find difficult to grasp, self teaching is still a possibility

aulinia

HSC
A majority of my subjects are HSIE/essay based, one thing thats helped me in memorising statistics/numbers are acronyms! :)

Ksalu

>:))
HSC
I find saying out what you are trying to memorise helps, rather than just simply reading it :)
Flashcards for memorisation maybe?

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Yeah its just that it takes too much time to study and im not motivated enough to study it
I know i have to try but it just takes too much time to study and I feel like im not able to study my other subjects if i want to do well in eco because it takes so long to learn and stuff

indeed

HSC
Maybe if you don't understand the content, check out Atomi (maybe get a subscription), i found it helpful

indeed

HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)