failing 3 UNIT MATHS---WHAT SHOUD I DO? (1 Viewer)

yennie B

HSC
i didn't pass my exam for 3 unit .....

i have currently 12 units.

the problem is being lazy.... i understand the material but i don't do the workload.

SHOULD I DROP 3 UNIT MATHS????

i just cbb with it... *sisgh* which i can put as much effort into maths as i do for eng.

hey guys, if i do keep it... and manage to score over 90's for trial what kind of mark do you think i'll get?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
yennie B said:
i didn't pass my exam for 3 unit .....

i have currently 12 units.

the problem is being lazy.... i understand the material but i don't do the workload.

SHOULD I DROP 3 UNIT MATHS????

i just cbb with it... *sisgh* which i can put as much effort into maths as i do for eng.

hey guys, if i do keep it... and manage to score over 90's for trial what kind of mark do you think i'll get?
If you drop, you will have 11 units in total, right? That sounds quite appealing as you still have one unit to fall back on. By the way, how are your other subjects? Are there any subjects where you fail harder than Extension 1 Mathematics. If not, you would better off dropping it off.

What is your university course aim? Do you need Mathematics Extension 1? You should ask your self few questions before you decide to drop. It will be wise to see if you still have chance of performing well in Mathematics Extension 1.

I will post up more advices if you decide to stick to Mathematics Extension 1 (basically on how to study & handle the work).

EDIT: From reading your post one more time, I see that your problem is not working hard enough. In that case, it is relatively easy to lift your marks up. Go to: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=171470 (scroll down the page and you will see the advices that I put up in regards to Mathematics. I advise you to read as it will prove quite useful. Good luck!!!

Last edited:

yennie B

HSC
lol.

who the f*** are you? you sound like a maths prodigy.

thanks for the help .

yeh basically i dont put in the effort.

initially i start studying then the workload increases and maths becomes least of my priorities cos i keep telling myself it'll take the least time.

hell did i get that wrong.

but yeh maths is my worst. my best is english and legal the rest are just average.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
If you do 3unit, by chances it should be your highest mark, I suggest you try to incorporate more time in 3unit, as it is quite simple if you think about it.

Otherwise, as lyounamu said, consider your university choices, the requirements and whether you actually like math. If not, drop it.

conics2008

HSC
Com'on SUCK IT UP, quit crying .. I understand you'r a girl, I was once a girl and now I'm a MAN... You know what the heck i do now, i freakin go ahead of the class. I am my own boss OK...

Dont let people teach you when your stuck on a freakin question. RAPE THE question...

look your in year 12 and so am I, but sometimes u need to step out of your comfort zone. OK!!

Get a cambridge book, read it like your life depends on it. OK..

Can you list the topics that you are weak in, I might be able to help you. =)

yennie B

HSC
conics2008 said:
Com'on SUCK IT UP, quit crying .. I understand you'r a girl, I was once a girl and now I'm a MAN... You know what the heck i do now, i freakin go ahead of the class. I am my own boss OK...

Dont let people teach you when your stuck on a freakin question. RAPE THE question...

look your in year 12 and so am I, but sometimes u need to step out of your comfort zone. OK!!

Get a cambridge book, read it like your life depends on it. OK..

Can you list the topics that you are weak in, I might be able to help you. =)
i have no problem understanding it.

i start doing practice questions getting real into it... for like a week (this applies to every topic.

lol thanks for that. i think i was bein bit whiney.

i think i shoud follow a cambridge textbook.

its just where do i start? from the beginning . or from my weak subjects?

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
Kirsty Xx said:
Why drop it if you are perfectly capable of doing the work? That's just weak and lame.

Don't be a lazy ass, just do the work and it will all pay off.
I Agree!
I know you're perfectly capable of doing it yen!!
You have teachers and tutors who are more than willing to help you remember?
I mean one tutor has even offered to tutor you for FREE! Seriously how many tutors out there tutor for free? So make use of this free service your tutor has offered and work harder because you know that you can do the work.

karnage

HSC
Mate, if you arent puttin the effort in but are actually capable of doing it, do it man. It's rewarding in the end, i used to be the same but in yr 11, was bloody shithouse at ext 1 never passed an exam and failed miserably. Heck i was failing 2U exams.

Was recommended to either drop because id just be wasting time, or go hard. I chose in the latter option, pulled my socks up in yr 12 and im doin alright. :read:

a.Limjoco

HSC
wow i just read everyones replies and i have to say.. BoS is a very supportive community. All you are pushing her to do her best i like it. Even makes me want to do more work.

btw

conics2008 said:
I understand you'r a girl, I was once a girl and now I'm a MAN...
made me LOL like hell!

yennie B

HSC
GUYS.

i think i'm going to just suck it in and PUT IT IN THE WORK.

:) thank you for pting out the -'ves and + 'ves

glad to see two sides of spectrum.

and someone told me i did make it this far. plus i have twelve units.

NO MORE WHINGING!.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
hey i think you should keep sticking with it.

to be honest, i worked out the formula for doing 3u maths the day before my external hsc exam for 3u.

i was averaging 52 for my whole hsc year if that makes a difference. i ended up getting 86 in my external exam and raised my own school mark so that i ended up getting 80 overall or to be more specific, an E3 i think it was.

its not hard. it was just that i was and still am lazy. by the way i was ranked 22/28 as my final ranks at school, and i went to a shit school that was ranked just within the top 200 in the state.

HSC
lol this thread has motivated me so much already... i can do 3 unit maths, and i sorta get a bit over 60% in my tests, but im almost to the point of giving up lol

luvergal

HSC
I'm just like you, failing 3U maths because I cbb with it. I try my hardest to do all the homework and stuff but I have no motivation with 3U fo some reason.
I say don't drop it and treat failing as a motivation to make you pass the next exam which is what I'm doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)