Failed HSC = Instant Death?? (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
A James Ruse kid in my course said that one guy a few years above her committed suicide just before results came out, and that another got a UAI of 100, but had turned so crazy from all the stress he now works as a toll booth worker. I also know a James Ruse kid doing just plain Bachelor of Science (probably advanced, but still, it's not med or anything like that). And for further proof, that first James Ruse kid I mentioned, she failed a third year subject (in pharmacy, so again, it's not med or law).

Definitely, the HSC is not a true reflection of who you are.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Tommy, dude. Relax. I will LOVE to talk to your parents if you want me too. HSC doesnt' mean much. HSC just opens up the doors to many opportunities and we all know that there are many many opportunities in life that you can grab later.

Satans.Moose

HSC
theoretically yes it could

fail hsc, join up with some gang, get shot, death

fail hsc, do some construction work, accident, death

fail hsc, so depressed u overdose on drugs, death

fail hsc, asian parents kill you in your sleep as they're so ashamed, death

fail hsc, car accident, death

fail hsc, get cancer, death

fail hsc, didnt level up enough and u wont have enough hp, death

fail hsc, not enough int, not enough mana to cast wind walk, death
Let's put this all in perspective now, shall we?

My options are this:

Pass HSC, live full life of my own choosing, die.

Fail HSC, live full life of my own choosing, die.

Failing to acheive under the definition of an outdated and mostly irrelevant academic system ain't gonna kill you OP. I promise. You know what will kill you? That life-and-death, all-or-nothing mentality bludgeoned into high school students that year 12 exams are the culmination of your life. This is entirely self-serving by them so they will look better. Don't let them break your spirit because you feel you can't memorise 40 erroneous bookloads of information which in the current day and age of almost instantaneous information retrieval is practically irrelevant.

yaz.jayne

HSC
I was all the great UAI/ATAR and going off to uni next year but now I really don't mind if I dont get into uni next year, there is always another way to do what you want in life, yes it might mean a couple of years extra study but atleast I'll look back and be able to say I had fun during my last months of school because I didnt lock myself in my room studying every minute of the day
Your parents just want whats best for you and want you to try your best, they arent going to kill you or whatever if you go shit at least you gave ut your best shot right?

123ash

HSC
my expectations are my parents expectations.

i am dead. .for sure.

some192

HSC
Let's put this all in perspective now, shall we?

My options are this:

Pass HSC, live full life of my own choosing, die.

Fail HSC, live full life of my own choosing, die.

Failing to acheive under the definition of an outdated and mostly irrelevant academic system ain't gonna kill you OP. I promise. You know what will kill you? That life-and-death, all-or-nothing mentality bludgeoned into high school students that year 12 exams are the culmination of your life. This is entirely self-serving by them so they will look better. Don't let them break your spirit because you feel you can't memorise 40 erroneous bookloads of information which in the current day and age of almost instantaneous information retrieval is practically irrelevant.
well said.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
TBH when your parents say ull fail in life lets break that down:

You fail hsc (go to tafe) - become a plumber/sparky/carpenter - ull be struggling to buy a descent house $600 000sure ull buy a house in the south west/west but will strugle to make repayments

you fail hsc (65+ go to uws/macq doing arts/science/comm ull struggle to get a prof grad programe and hence will be doing odd jobs unrelated to ur course - strugle to get a house etc etc

asian parents talk the truth imo. theyve been there done that theyv struggled they dont want you too...

You obviously have NFI what your talking about.

phosphorescent

You make me sad.
HSC

You fail hsc (go to tafe) - become a plumber/sparky/carpenter - ull be struggling to buy a descent house $600 000sure ull buy a house in the south west/west but will strugle to make repayments

you fail hsc (65+ go to uws/macq doing arts/science/comm ull struggle to get a prof grad programe and hence will be doing odd jobs unrelated to ur course - strugle to get a house etc etc

asian parents talk the truth imo. theyve been there done that theyv struggled they dont want you too...
Um, what the hell. Most carpenters, builders and electricians earn way more than the average person.
And since when was doing an Arts/Science/Commerce degree equating to failing?

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC

wtf traders can earn 100k per year easily.

Also i ve meant directors in some of the world's biggest investment banks, and some dont even have degree's. they told me that UAI is nothing, some chick there got 99.95 and front page of daily telegraph. She goes after that she nevers gets to mention her UAI.

CosmicMuse

HSC
It IS possible to fail your HSC and end up successful but its amazingly difficult. My brother completely and utterly screwed up his HSC - he got a UAI of about 38 - and then to top that off he dropped out of tafe - but he ended up the national manager of a successful company, earnt a three figure salary, owns a share of the said company worth well over a million, and is currently suing his co-owners for a packet of dividends he's owed. Next year he's going to undertake his masters in England, despite no previous qualifications, and he already has a pile of job offers. He's bloody successful, in my opinion.

Of course, he's a massive exception to the rule, but if you have ability its certainly possible to get somewhere (to become rich anyway) without the HSC. And yet, he always tells me to never do things the way he did - it made his life much harder than it needed to be (although I guess his party and beach filled teenage years weren't so bad).

So yeah, failing the HSC doesn't necessarily mean your life is over - but you need a crazy amount of determination and drive to succeed without it.

shady145

Banned
HSC
u can join the defence force, and
in the navy u can learn to jump and cheer,
in the navy, u can learn to be a queir and
in the navy u can take it up the rear
lol jks, i dnt remember where i heard that, but it was about the US navy XD

spence

HSC
It IS possible to fail your HSC and end up successful but its amazingly difficult. My brother completely and utterly screwed up his HSC - he got a UAI of about 38 - and then to top that off he dropped out of tafe - but he ended up the national manager of a successful company, earnt a three figure salary, owns a share of the said company worth well over a million, and is currently suing his co-owners for a packet of dividends he's owed. Next year he's going to undertake his masters in England, despite no previous qualifications, and he already has a pile of job offers. He's bloody successful, in my opinion.

Of course, he's a massive exception to the rule, but if you have ability its certainly possible to get somewhere (to become rich anyway) without the HSC. And yet, he always tells me to never do things the way he did - it made his life much harder than it needed to be (although I guess his party and beach filled teenage years weren't so bad).

So yeah, failing the HSC doesn't necessarily mean your life is over - but you need a crazy amount of determination and drive to succeed without it.
Not something to brag about tbh

johony

HSC
asian parents should never ever be trusted for their opinions on the hsc.

(unless they're them dinki di asian ones)

Last edited:

muscleman09

HSC
it is possible to fail your hsc and end up successful but its amazingly difficult. My brother completely and utterly screwed up his hsc - he got a uai of about 38 - and then to top that off he dropped out of tafe - but he ended up the national manager of a successful company, earnt a three figure salary, owns a share of the said company worth well over a million, and is currently suing his co-owners for a packet of dividends he's owed. Next year he's going to undertake his masters in england, despite no previous qualifications, and he already has a pile of job offers. He's bloody successful, in my opinion

three figures holy f@%^$

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
This is what my parent see of the HSC... It is the essence to my life... if i fail it... well... I'm screwed for life and i wont be able to live... blah blah blah all those cliche crap.
But has any1 actually killed themselves for failing the HSC?
Does HSC really represent what you are?

P.S. Tell whatever you think to my parents and they reject it instantaneously... So i gave up trying to reason with them... the more i listen, the more braincell commits suicide.
Lol relax man it's not like HSC is the only way you can get into your course. Actually a kid from Malek Fahd had a heart attack after he got his HSC results. He got a 89 UAI. Kids at that scool always get high 90s. They gave him a silence thing at school.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Fighting for the freedom from a common bond
To be a barracuda in the guppy pond
So little time for so many things to try on

And we're leaving all the road for dead
We're getting tired of the twists and turns
You gotta go when human nature calls
We're driving, we're driving
Through the valley of malls

imo, academic success isn't for everyone. For others, getting an ATAR of 65 might be the best they can do. That doesn't mean they can't be successful. It's more who you know that gets you to the top rather than what you know these days anyway.

Having said that, life is what you make of it - you are the one who decides your future. 'Failure' in the HSC will only screw up your life if you let it.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Lol relax man it's not like HSC is the only way you can get into your course. Actually a kid from Malek Fahd had a heart attack after he got his HSC results. He got a 89 UAI. Kids at that scool always get high 90s. They gave him a silence thing at school.
I don't go to Malek Fahd (was going to, thank God I didn't), but I would have a heart attack if I got 89 too, tbh. I wouldn't be able to take it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)