Failed again (1 Viewer)

smittenkitten

Poopinator
Right-oh, so I failed chemistry yet again. Things are looking bleak. Anyway who do I go to to try to scab a few extra marks to pass? And...for another noob question - where can I find the full list of summer session gen ed courses?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
nick roberts.
hmm and look at the handbook, or search class on my.unsw

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
you can scab marks at uni? hows that work? i wouldnt mind getting up to a pass.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
hmm wanna scab marks for accting

that aside. smitttenkitten: what u mean u failed chem again? u failed lower chem 1a twice?

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
and this scabbing thing actaully works? surely they cant change the mark once theyre released. everyone would be flooding the lecturers if that worked.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
of course it doesn't. i'm just giving smittenkitten the name of the lecturer in charge.

saves.the.day

HSC
Bob.J said:
get lecturer to recheck your exam paper
ezzy85 said:
and this scabbing thing actaully works? surely they cant change the mark once theyre released. everyone would be flooding the lecturers if that worked.
You're both correct. To reduce the amount of "scabbing" you have to go to New South Q which is located next to the library lawn on the side closest to Matthews building. It costs between $50-$100 to have anything done if I remember correctly (I am probably quite off but I just remember to even have your exam marks totalled again it was a ridiculous amount). This ranges from just re-totally marks to getting your 1 exam completely remarked. You have to fill out a lenthy form though and have to show you spoke to someone in charge e.g. a lecturer, tutor or co-ordinator about this. I just know all this info. from session 1 when I got 3 borderline HD's 84 (just 1 more mark in each subject would have rocketed my GPA haha).

You can e-mail the person in charge of the faculty, in the case of chemistry, Dr. Nick Roberts is the man in charge of first years and plead your case, however I did this for chemistry and gave them my case of getting 84, never being late to labs or tutes and always showing up and telling them i had no background in chem before but all i got was a reply that went something like "without reason for re-assesment, your mark stands. You can get your exam re-marked, just see New South Q".

Good luck.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
so did you end up getting your three 85?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)