Fail vs Withdrawn Fail (1 Viewer)

Clank_

HSC
I was wondering if there was any difference in severity between the two (aside from the fact that you withdrew from the latter). Currently I'm doing a science degree at UTS and I'm going to transfer to UWS arts next semester and as I've done less than 1 year tertiary study only my ATAR will be used (first semester marks are released after the offers anyway). From what I've gathered, I'll get a new transcript when I transfer so is there any point in me staying in the science course? I know I'll have to bear the HECS debt and academic penalty (withdrawn fail) for all 4 units but since I'm transferring and not going to credit transfer, it seems like my marks in the course won't matter. Otherwise if I stay in the course until the end of semester I'll most likely fail at least a couple units.

rentalman

HSC
N/A
the withdrawn fail just dosn't look as bad and sometimes it won't effect your gpa

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Hi,
just transfer mid year.
if you don't have any interest in the course, then why waste your money and your time?

Since you're moving into a new faculty/degree/uni, they won't ask you for your previous grades, as you won't be asking for any academic credits.
And yeah, you'll get a new transcript :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)