Faculty Permission for Enrolling in Advanced Biology Units (1 Viewer)

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
At my enrolment day, there were issues with some of my subjects, but I couldn't discuss it with the director of my degree (B Liberal Studies), because they hadn't shown up.

We decided to enter what i had into the system, and I could discuss it with them another time.

The women entering them into the computer said they it wouldn't let her enter the advanced Biology units, that I had to go get departmental permission later on and told me where to go, and that she would enter the regular level subjects for now.

The degree director then showed up before we finished, and I had a chat with them and everything was ok with my UoS, so I went back and had a different person entering my data this time.

She didn't say anything about permission, i realised when I got home, and now logging onto myuni, I'm enrolled in the advanced units.

This is right, isn't it? Why didn't I need permission the second time, this was still in the Arts Faculty? Do I still need to contact the Biological Sciences Department?

Sorry that was so long winded :( I got screwed around at enrolment, and wanted to ensure everything was ok.

uniform

!!!
HSC
Yeah, technically you were supposed to go to the first year biology office and have Katie Jakes sign off a permission form, which you were then to bring back to the faculty office so they could change your enrolment from regular to advanced...

BUT, thanks to this 'different person' who enrolled you in the advanced units, (who I think was not aware that permission was required), there is now no need. So don't worry, you won't need to contact the bio department anymore - but if this doesn't sit well in your mind, it can't hurt to still get the form signed just to have it in writing.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Yeah, technically you were supposed to go to the first year biology office and have Katie Jakes sign off a permission form, which you were then to bring back to the faculty office so they could change your enrolment from regular to advanced...

BUT, thanks to this 'different person' who enrolled you in the advanced units, (who I think was not aware that permission was required), there is now no need. So don't worry, you won't need to contact the bio department anymore - but if this doesn't sit well in your mind, it can't hurt to still get the form signed just to have it in writing.
Cool, thanks for that :) I think I'll just contact them to make sure, as the usual procedure wasn't followed, otherwise it seem all ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)