• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

factors affecting performance/improving performance (1 Viewer)

froggy_chik87

HSC
hey, i have an assessment, which is worth 30% and i'm freaking out...so if anyone has done something similar to this...i would love any help that you could give me. these are the questions:

part a:
1. develop a training program for an elite athlete from a chosen sport that shows an understanding of the principles and types of training.

2. examine the psychological onsiderations for an athlete ompeting in your chosen sport. How would you incoporate these into your training plan?

3. Briefly describe the nutritional requirements for an athlete in your chosen sport. Design a pre-event and recovery nutritional plan for this athlete.

part b:
1. design and conduct a training session for a group of year 7 students (approx. 12) in a sport of your choice.

Any help would be great

2. submit a written training session, outlining the activites and addressing each of the elements of a training session as outlined in the syllabus.

3. the training session should last 30 minutes

4. evaluate the training session by considering questions such as:

- did the activities match the abilities of the group?

- what was the reaction of the group to the training session?

- how should the training session be modified

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
well first off, what sport are you are you going to choose for each part?

this is a pretty easy assessment if you follow the sylabus.

Cab31

HSC
If your textbook doesnt give you enough information to answer that then u should ring up and complain to the publishers! thats very straght foreward and you shouldnt have any worries with it.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
well then which part do you need help with?

moose87

"iwnf"
HSC
as everyone has said jus used ur syllabus...then piece it all together....its such a broken down assessment that u should jus work from the top and answer each question as u go...
if u have any really specific questions jus post them...but i dont think u'll have a prob if u jus address the syllabus...u could ask ur teacher to sit down and give u a hand finding which syllabus points u need to concider for each sections...but its up to him/her whether they'd do this...
have fun

a11y50n

HSC
Thats really helpful!!
I am waiting for that assessment.. I wonder if i will get one that is similar..?

lovesthebeer

HSC
hey guys, thnx for the tops info. I was wonderin if u could kindly help me out with an assignment. I ve got it mostly covered except for 1 question
"Recommend a pre event and recovery nutritional plan for a triathlete"
Ne help u could give would be gr8
thnkx!

Cab31

HSC
lovesthebeer said:
hey guys, thnx for the tops info. I was wonderin if u could kindly help me out with an assignment. I ve got it mostly covered except for 1 question
"Recommend a pre event and recovery nutritional plan for a triathlete"
Ne help u could give would be gr8
thnkx!

Pre event (i.e.) a week before the event, you need to carbo load to increase muscle glycogen stores. Here is some info, and i am sure there is more in your text:
http://www.brianmac.demon.co.uk/carbload.htm

Post event, you need to eat around 50g of simple carbohydrate in the first 20 to 30 minutes after an event, and then a meal within two hours of finishing. Here is some info on that:
http://www.nutritionaustralia.org/The_Health_Club/post_event.asp

hope that helps, PM me if there is any more trouble!

Zali

HSC
Hi every1. Ive got an assessment task on wed thats similar. We were told there was going to be a question asking us to evaluate something to do with the phases of competition. just wondering if any1 else has had any similar questions that they can post for me to practise.

thanx

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
if you learn the points from the syllabus, and you learn what each means, and can use examples for each, then you will do just fine. cos they can only really ask you to write about the phases on competition using a particular sport.

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
hey ppl, i just started usin this site i dnt really know how it works so hopefully this does hehe...I need to design a resistance program for an athlete wishing to imporve muscular endurance. And Outline sets and repetition number along with major muscle groups utilised. PLeasssseeee can someone help me! i need to present it to the class n pretty much teach them this bit of the topic n make it interestin with usin props..We have only really covered training for strength and the texts books seem to have alot on strength but not muscular endurance, I understand the basics like usin lighter weights with more reps n sessions per week than power n strength training im just not sure where to start and how to put in the exercises to increase muscular endurance ! if anyone can help a lil bit or even some good ideas i could use for props either then a borin overhead plz let me no asap,
Thankx a bunch xox

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
If you use the outcomes 2 textbook and the syllabus together and not be lazy and write every thing you can to cover every dot point of the syllabus that ur task says it is testing then ur sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
xox_eMz_xox said:
well i couldnt b to lazy if i finished it the day i posted that
sorry didn't mean that you were lazy in a personal way.... it was kinda a generalised comment about how all points should be covered to get the best marks, in all tasks mentioned in this thread.
peace.

jessied

HSC
i have pretty much the exact same assessment task!! in outcomes 2 there is heaps of information relating to this assessment, have a look through the entire text book for information not just these two chapters, the sports coach website is excellent and have a look in the syllabus for dot points that relate to the task..

Last edited:

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
thankx m8 i figured it out n ended up doin it in powerpoint presentation n showed my teacher he said it was good so im not worried anymore, just scared bout presentin it! lol im a cat... n cairebear its cool i dnt no u so it doesnt bother me anyway jus dnt assume sum1 is lazy becoz they r askin 4 help on here as another source doesnt mean they havnt looked n tryed other things

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
froggy_chik87 said:
hey, i have an assessment, which is worth 30% and i'm freaking out...so if anyone has done something similar to this...i would love any help that you could give me. these are the questions:

part a:
1. develop a training program for an elite athlete from a chosen sport that shows an understanding of the principles and types of training.

2. examine the psychological onsiderations for an athlete ompeting in your chosen sport. How would you incoporate these into your training plan?

3. Briefly describe the nutritional requirements for an athlete in your chosen sport. Design a pre-event and recovery nutritional plan for this athlete.

part b:
1. design and conduct a training session for a group of year 7 students (approx. 12) in a sport of your choice.

Any help would be great

2. submit a written training session, outlining the activites and addressing each of the elements of a training session as outlined in the syllabus.

3. the training session should last 30 minutes

4. evaluate the training session by considering questions such as:

- did the activities match the abilities of the group?

- what was the reaction of the group to the training session?

- how should the training session be modified
hey im not sure if anyone has metioned this site yet...http://www.pponline.co.uk/....but i had an assessment very similar to the first part..its a UK site so you have to be careful but its so usefull, i got the majority of my info from it!! and i got a really good mark...goodluck :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)